China not allowing burial of soldiers killed in Galwan Valley clashes: Report
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: In a desperate bid to hide its casualties in the Galwan Valley clashes, China has reportedly denied burials and in-person funerals for soldiers killed in the face-off with Indian troops last month. According to a US News report, citing an intelligence assessment, the Chinese Communist Party government has been pressurising families of soldiers killed in the Galwan Valley clashes to refrain from conducting burials and holding in-person funerals for them.
"The Chinese Ministry of Civil Affairs has told families of those who died in the Galwan Valley clash that they must forgo traditional burial ceremonies and cremate the soldiers' remains and that any funeral services should be conducted remotely, not in person," the report said.
Both India and China suffered casualties in the deadly Galwan Valley clashes on June 15. While India accepted that 20 of its soldiers were killed in the line of duty and over 70 others sustained injures, the Chinese side remained tight-lipped and didn't acknowledged its casualties.
However, several reports claimed that at least 40 Chinese soldiers were either killed or injured in the June 15 clashes. Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had gone on record to say that the number of casualties on Chinese side were double than the were in the Indian side.
While funeral processions for Indian troops were held with great honour for the bravehearts, it has been nearly a month the Chinese PLA deceased are still awaiting burials. The Beijing has given coronavirus pandemic fears as pretext for not allowing funerals and burials. However, the US intelligence assessment indicated that China wants to downplay the soldiers deaths.
Posted By: Shashikant Sharma