Coronavirus Vaccine: Russia completes clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccine, laugh riot sparks in India
New Delhi | Jagran Trending Desk: The Russian Federation remains India’s time and tested friend, and thus Kremlin’s achievements have invoked gleeful reactions in New Delhi in the past, and the trend continues even during the Coronavirus crisis. This time, however, the glee transformed into rejoicing in India, as the news of the successful clinical trial of COVID-19 vaccine in Russia and its effectiveness against viral infection broke all across the world.
"The research has been completed and it proved that the vaccine is safe. The volunteers will be discharged on July 15 and July 20," Elena Smolyarchuk, who heads the Center for Clinical Research on Medications at Sechenov University, told Russian news agency TASS. The volunteers will remain under medical supervision on an out-patient basis after being discharged, she added.
Like the rest of the world, the desi netizens couldn’t help themselves but erupt in joy as a report of a successful clinical trial of COVID vaccine from Russia made its way on to the Indian virtual horizon.
1. Gaitonde’s senses ‘on Moon’ after the news?
2. A tweeple curiously anticipated Amitabh Bachchan’s reaction in the wake of Russian COVID vaccine completing its clinical trial successfully.
— DR. Physio (@SharmaVivansh) July 13, 2020
3. And isn’t it such an incredibly emotional moment for the Russian Federation that the world is erupting in joy in the wake of its achievement towards a COVID vaccine at the time of such an unprecedented crisis? A tweeple wondered:
4. So what will be Swami Ramdev’s reaction to this news? Another tweeple joked:
5. The circuit of happiness after Russian genius stroke towards COVID vaccine.
6. Oops to the Khilji-centric anticipations of a desi netizen!
7. Admit it, vaccine development is no less than an annihilation family crisis for Coronavirus. Something we all had been waiting for ever since it became a pandemic.
The results COVID-19 vaccine tests done on a group of volunteers in various facilities Russia showed that they were developing immunity against Coronavirus. This is world’s first successful vaccine trial which has hit its completion point and thus has evoked unprecedented hope worldwide as the way to end the COVID crisis.
Posted By: Abhinav Gupta