COVID-19 Vaccination: Here's how CoWIN portal's new '4-digit security code' feature works
New Delhi | Jagran Technology Desk: The third phase of coronavirus vaccination that aims at inoculating those in the age group of 18 to 44 years began on May 1 with an aim to control the massive spike in daily COVID-19 cases and deaths amid fears over the second wave of the pandemic. For the vaccination drive, people of this age group would need to register themselves via CoWIN or Aarogaya Setu app. To make the registration process easier, the government has now introduced a new 'four-digit security code' feature to make slot booking secure and seamless.
The new feature will reduce the error in the vaccination certificate and prevent people from fraudsters and scammers who misguide people for financial gains. The four-digit security code has made necessary for all the individuals in procuring vaccination certificate without the code vaccination certificate will not be generated.
How does the four-digit security code work?
- Visit the CoWIN portal--.CoWin.gov.in
- Enter your valid mobile number, Aadhaar card or PAN card number and other required details
- An OTP will be sent on your same number for verification. Those who have already registered, just sign in with the required credentials.
- Select date, time and nearby vaccination centre and confirm the booking
- After confirming the booking, a four-digit security code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Don't delete the code or share it with anyone, as, on the day of vaccination, authorities will ask you for the code to validate your booking.
- Once you are vaccinated, download your vaccination certificate from the Co-WIN portal
Documents required for COVID-19 Vaccine registration :
-Health Insurance Smart Card issued under the scheme of the Ministry of Labour
-Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) Job Card
-Official identity cards issued to MPs/MLAs/MLCs
-Passbooks issued by Bank/Post Office
-Service Identity Card issued to employees by Central/ State Government/ Public Limited Companies
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv