Coronavirus Pandemic: Reach out to your nearby pharmacy shops for essential medical items via Google Maps
New Delhi | Jagran Technology Desk: The lockdown in place due to the rising number of coronavirus cases has necessitated the stringent social distancing measures for the overall sustainability of public health. It is advised by the authorities all across the country to step outside the homes only for buying essential items and non-essential movements continue to stay restricted to the various degrees.
Yet, if something is super essential in a pandemic driven crisis, it's the medical supplies, such as masks, gloves, medicines and other drugs used to treat various infections and morbidities. There are reports of long queues outside the chemist shops due to the same demand.
However, very basic planning can help you resolve an otherwise cumbersome activity of necessary precaution-point. Most of the pharmacies around you, at least in the cities have their locations specified on Google Maps. With a basic Google search, you can find out which chemist keeps their shops open for how long and what other options are available around your locality.
What is the process?
- Open the Google Maps' app on your smartphone or desktop.
- Make sure you have enabled your GPS navigation.
- Type 'Chemists around me' in the search bar.
- Several Chemist options should appear on the left-hand side of the interface, alongside the relative distance, ratings and reviews.
- Then you can select a particular pharmacy as per your convenience and Google Maps will provide you with the navigational set up to reach out to the concerned pharmacy shop.
- You can contact the pharmacy, through the numbers given and ask for 'home delivery' service available.
Likewise, you can look for nearby grocery stores and procure their services during these challenging times being determined by how many infections are recorded in your city and immediate surroundings.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma