'Let's break the chain': Politicians urge countrymen to stay indoors as nationwide janata curfew begins
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: In wake of the rising number of coronavirus cases in the country, India is observing the ‘janata curfew’ today, as appealed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. In an early morning tweet on Sunday, PM Modi appealed people to join the ‘janata curfew’ initiative to take part in the fight against coronavirus.
“In a few minutes from now, the janata curfew commences. Let us all be a part of this curfew, which will add tremendous strength to the fight against COVID-19 menace. Stay indoors and stay healthy,” PM Modi tweeted.
As PM Modi urged people to take part in ‘janata curfew’, many of the politicians also appealed the countrymen to follow the Prime Minister’s initiative in wake of the rising number of coronavirus cases in India. Here’s how the politicians reacted to the ‘janata curfew’ initiative:
* Home Minister Amit Shah: As janata curfew, people's movement begins, I pledge to strictly follow PM Narendra Modi ji's call. I also urge my fellow countrymen to participate. Let's break the chain and protect our nation against this pandemic with social distancing and self-isolation
* Defence Minister Rajnath Singh: Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has done a commendable job in bringing the entire nation together at this critical juncture. He has given the people of India a sense of urgency and a great amount of hope in combating this global pandemic. I am working from home today. I appeal to everyone that except those working in emergencies and critical areas to stay home or work from home and support the Prime Minister’s call for janata curfew
* Union Minister Piyush Goyal: Clap for Those Who Fight for Us: Let us come out in our balconies, terraces and indoor courtyards today at 5 pm to express our gratitude to the professionals who are working round the clock to keep India safe and healthy
* BJP President JP Nadda: Today we need to unite and fight a big battle against COVID-19 infection. ' janata curfew ' is an important step by the people for the health of the people. I request all of you to follow the guidelines given by PM Narendra Modi, regarding janata curfew
* Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad: As a responsible citizen let us all support our PM Narendra Modi ji's call for janta curfew today till 9 PM. Avoid stepping out unless absolutely necessary Together we all can fight against COVID-19
* Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman: Abiding by @PMOIndia @narendramodi ’s call for janta curfew let’s stay indoors. Only by collective action can we contain the virus
* Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath: Janta curfew is being observed across the country today. It is a battle against coronavirus. Social distancing is the best way to defeat the pandemic and prevent its spread. State govt has taken all essential measures to fight COVID-19
* Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat: The way people of the state have supported Janta Curfew announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, shows that we can together defeat Coronavirus. It is highly commendable
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma