World Junk Food Day 2020: Wishes, messages, quotes, SMS, WhatsApp and Facebook status to share on this day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: July 21st is widely celebrated as the World Junk Food day and this day is dedicated to the variety of delicious junk food items. Junk foods, usually contain high fats, sugars, salt, and calories and very little nutritional value but mostly all of us live to binge-munch on a variety of junk foods. Whether it is frozen, the deep-fried or the fat-laced foods, Junk food is cherished and enjoyed on every occasion of celebration.
Heavy consumption of Junk foods may prove to be hazardous to our health, giving rise to many health issues and especially in children. It’s however always suggested to regulate the consumption of Junk foods in limited quantity.
History of World Junk Food day
The day is believed to have marked by a diet-conscious individual or group who desired to eat junk food, without guilt, at least one day a year. If we look into the history of it, Junk food coincides with the advent of packaged foods throughout the late 1900s. Of course, for decades, home-cooked meals were still the standard. However, after World War 2, junk food really started to take off. As more and more people started traveling, the desire to have different kinds of cuisines manufactured by a vast network of food chains came into the picture and it then started gaining popularity.
Here are some interesting World food Day interesting quotes:
- “I love sitcoms, and I grew up on sitcoms. That’s my tasty junk food.” — Felicia Day
- “When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, ‘Four. I don’t think I can eat eight.” — Yogi Berra
- “Just because the Americans are so good at rattling out accessible and cheap junk food, nobody looks twice when it comes to their food. But there are golden nuggets everywhere.” — Jamie Oliver
- “We live in an age when pizza gets to your home before the police.
- “Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself.”
- “My body is a temple where junk food goes to worship.”
- My only love is to eat as many things I can eat. Happy Junk Food Day 2020!!
- Food indicates love when words are inadequate. Happy Junk Food Day!!
- Who is ready to eat some delicious food. Happy Junk Food day
- The best time of the year is here as we have the best of the pizzas, burgers, hotdogs, doughnuts waiting for us to embrace them and enjoy them…… Wishing you a delicious and day full of food on Junk Food Day
- No matter how much we stay away from foods rich in calories, sugar, fat throughout the day…. But today is the day to enjoy them and eat them with open hearts….. Warm wishes to you on the Junk Food Day
- National Junk Food Day is celebrated so that all of can take a break from our healthy diets and just pamper our taste buds by enjoying the foods we actually love to eat…. Happy Junk Food Day…. The day dedicated to delicious foods!!!
Posted By: Simran Babbar