Vat Savitri Vrat 2021: Know date, time, significance, puja vidhi and more about the auspicious day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Vat Savitri Vrat 2021 is one of the most significant fast observed by married women for the long life of their beloved husbands and the well-being of their family members. This year this auspicious occasion is being observed on Jyeshtha Amavasya and will coincide with Shani Amavasya, which is on June 10, 2021. On this day, women worship Vat, the Banyan tree and treat it as symbolic of trimurtis- Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. This day honours the dedication of Savitri who saved her husband from the clutches of Yamaraj.
Vat Savitri Vrat 2021: Important times on Amavasya
Amavasya start- June 9, 2021 at 01:58 pm
Amavasya end- June 10, 2021 at 04:22 pm
Sunrise 5:33 am
Sunset. 6:53 pm
Moonrise 5:12 am
Moonset. 6:59 pm
Vat Savitri Vrat 2021: Auspicious time
Brahma muhurat 4:45am to 05:33 am
Abhijit muhurat 11:46 am to 12:40 pm
Vat Savitri Vrat 2021: Significance
In Hindu Purana like Bhavishyothra Purana, Skanda Purana and Mahabharat etc. significance of Vat Savitri Vrat is immensely glorified. When Lord Yama, the God of death came to take the life of Savitri's husband Satyawan, she compelled Yama to return his life. Yama was pleased with the devotion of Savitri and returned without taking Satyawan with him.
Therefore, women worship Vat, the Banyan tree and treat it as symbolic of trimurtis- Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh. This day honours the dedication of Savitri who saved her husband from the clutches of Yamaraj.
Vat Savitri Vrat 2021: Puja vidhi
- Before sunrise women take bath with Sesame (til) and gooseberry (amla) added in water.
- They wear new clothes, bangles, sindoor etc.
- Fasting women eat roots.
- Puja is done under Banyan tree. Where tree is not available, a stick of Banayan tree is dig in soil and where this is also not available, a portrait of Banyan tree is made on wood with turmeric and sandal wood paste.
- Some women place idols of Satyavan and Savitri, offer vermilion along with other things to them.
- Water, flowers, rice, gram seeds and special dishes made at home are offered to Banyan tree.
- Women do parikrama around the Banyan tree with chanting and winding yellow and red thread around it.
- They listen story of Satyavan and Savitri.
- Prasad is distributed.
- Women donate food, clothes etc to poor people.
Women celebrate this vrat with immense joy and dedication.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal