Varuthini Ekadashi 2021: Check out shubh muhurat, puja vidhi, significance and rules to observe Baruthani Ekadashi fast
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Every year on the eleventh day of the Krishna Paksha (Full Moon) in the month of Vaishakha Varuthini Ekadashi is observed. It is one of the auspicious days for Hindus and devotees worship Lord Vamana, the fifth avatar of Lord Vishnu on this day. This year, Varuthani Ekadashi is falling on May 7, 2021. On this day, devotees observe day-long fast and donate clothes, food, and other useful items to needy people to bring good luck.
Varuthini Ekadashi 2021 Date & Shubh Muhurat
Date- May 7, 2021
Shubh Timing Begins- 2:10 pm, May 6, 2021
Shubh Timing Ends- 3:32 pm, May 7, 2021
Varuthini Ekadashi 2021 Significance
The importance of this Ekadashi is mention in the Bhavishya Purana, a religious texts, which has stories of Indian gods and goddesses. Varuthini Ekadashi is mention as a part of the conversation between Lord Krishna and Yudhishthira. Those devotees who observe fast on this Ekadashi gets guarded against evil, sorrows and troubles. Varuthini means protected or armoured, and this why it is auspicious to observe this Ekadashi as it leads to a prosperous life.
Vruthini Ekadashi 2021 Puja Vidhi
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear fresh, clean clothes.
- Recite Vishnu Mantra "Om Namo Bhagvate Vasudevaya Namah"
- Chant Vishnu Sahastranaam and read other holy scriptures
- Light incense stick, offer flower and do tilak
- Offer chappan bhog to Lord Vishnu as prasad and later distribute among family members
- Light sesame or ghee or mustard oil lamp in the temple of your home. Conclude your puja by performing Vishnu aarti
- Donate clothes, food and other necessary items to needy people
Varuthini Ekadashi 2021 Fasting Rules
- Eat one meal the day before Varuthini Ekadashi
- Don't use cuss words on this day
- Don't do back bitching of people
- Recite Vishnu mantras to cleanse your soul
- Break the fats between 5:53 am - 8:29 am on May 8, 2021
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv