Solar Eclipse 2021: 8 things to keep in mind before watching Surya Grahan
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The first Solar Eclipse of 2021 is finally here. Just like Lunar Eclipse 2021, this celestial event is rare as after 148 years people are going to witness an Annular Solar Eclipse, also known as Ring of Fire. This happens when the Moon comes exactly in between Sun and Earth, casting a shadow on the Earth. As the special day is here people are advised to take some precautionary measures while viewing the eclipse. So here we are with 8 things that people should keep in mind before watching Surya Grahan, but before that know when and where will it occur in India.
When & where will Solar Eclipse appear in India?
The total duration of the solar eclipse will be of 3 minutes and 51 seconds. In India, it will be visible only in Arunachal Pradesh and Ladakh. The solar eclipse will start at 1.42 pm Indian time and will end at 6.41 pm. In Arunachal Pradesh, the eclipse will appear near the Dibang Wildlife Sanctuary at around 5:52 pm. At the same time, it will be visible in the northern part of Ladakh at around 6 pm.
Things to keep in mind before watching the solar eclipse:
• Use special solar eclipse glasses or hand-held solar eclipse viewers to watch the eclipse.
• Check your solar filter, if it has a scratch or is damaged in any way do not use it.
• Even if there is a partial eclipse do not watch it with bare eyes.
• Create a pinhole camera to watch the eclipse. You can learn from the internet how to create one.
• If you wish to take pictures of the solar eclipse, you need to use special protective filters for your camera and lens.
• Always supervise your children while watching the solar eclipse.
• Remove the solar eclipse glasses only when you have completely looked away from the sun.
• If you already wear glasses, wear special eclipse glasses over them.
Posted By: Talibuddin Khan