Solar Eclipse 2021 Pregnancy Precautions: Here are some Do's and Don'ts pregnant women must follow during Surya Grahan
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: the wait is over as Solar Eclipse 2021 is here. This year the celestial event is a bit special as it is occurring after 148 years. Yes, you read that right, the first Surya Grahan of 2021 will mark the Annular Solar Eclipse 2021, that is, Ring of Fire. It happens when Moon comes exactly between Sun and Earth, creating a ring-like structure around the Moon.
This year solar eclipse will be visible in parts of Canada, Greenland and Russia, while Upper Midwest and East Coast people will witness a partial solar eclipse. The first region to witness an annular eclipse will be in northern Ontario and the north side of Lake Superior.
As the solar eclipse is here, every country has its own set of beliefs and myths regarding the Surya Grahan, and one such belief is related to 'pregnant women'. According to the scientist and astrological scholars, a solar eclipse can affect pregnancy, as during eclipse evil forces gets activated and can harm the pregnant women.
How can Solar Eclipse harm pregnant women?
According to astrology, the eclipse is inauspicious for pregnant ladies, and they are advised to be extra careful during the period. Pregnant women should not step out of their house during an eclipse, else it can lead to premature delivery or birth abnormalities. Since eclipse activates negative energies then, pregnant ladies are advised to chant mantra to protect their unborn. So here we are with a list of Dos and Donts pregnant ladies should follow during Solar Eclipse:
- To be mothers should stay indoors
- Should stay awake and recite prayers or chant mantras such as Maha Mrutyunjaya Mantra, Vishnu Mantras and Surya Mantras during the solar eclipse.
- Should bathe before and after the solar eclipse
- Make sure to cover the windows with thick curtains to avoid the rays inside the house.
- Should not consume food, cook, etc, during a solar eclipse
- Should not use sharp objects as it can cause birth defects
- Avoid looking at the Sun
- Consumption of water is also prohibited, however, it may not be healthy for the baby. So, pregnant women are advised to consult the doctor before taking up such steps.
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv