Solar Eclipse, Surya Grahan 2020 Do's and Don'ts: Here's a list of do's and don'ts that you must follow on this day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The first Solar Eclipse of 2020 began at 9.15 am on Sunday and will continue till 3.04 pm. The Solar Eclipse, which occured 15 days after the second Lunar Eclipse of 2020, was at its maximum extent at 12.15 pm.
The are several precautions that you need to take during a Solar Eclipse, which is also known as 'Surya Grahan', as it might be harmful for us. Solar Eclipse generally occurs when the sun, moon and the earth comes in a straight line and the moon covers the sun fully or partially, stopping its rays from reaching earth.
There are several precautions that you need to take during a Solar Eclipse. So here are some do's and don'ts that you must follow during a Solar Eclipse:
Things you should do during the solar eclipse:
- NASA suggests the use of special solar filters or ‘eclipse glasses’ to protect your eyes, while looking towards the sun an viewing the ecliptic event.
- According to the traditional beliefs, it is advised that one should neither cook or nor eat during the Surya Grahan, as the cooked edible items get ‘grasit’ (contaminated) due to the hindrance of sunlight rays during the eclipse period.
- The traditional beliefs also suggest that the pregnant women should also avoid stepping out of the home.
- Put Basil leaves in the water and cooked food items already stored in your house.
Things you must not do during the solar eclipse:
- Never watch the Surya Grahan without eye gear. Nor with the dark sunglasses.
- Don’t use the binoculars or X-ray films to see the eclipse, because even with that significant amount of radiation int your eyes, harming your eyesight in the process.
- Be especially careful with children and elders at home, curious to see the eclipse. Make sure they take the due precautions as far as the eyesight is concerned.
- Traditionally, it is advisable to not make physical relations during this time, as it may lead to the pregnancy complications.
Posted By: Talib Khan