Shravan Month 2020: Here's the complete puja vidhi of worshiping Lord Shiva during Sawan 2020
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The auspicious month of Shravan, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati, has finally arrived! The month is quite popular in India and is one of the most awaited months of the Hindu calendar. In Shravan or Sawan, we celebrate various other festivals like Kajari Purnima, Raksha Bandhan, Nag Panchami, Krishna Janmashtami and etc. but worshipping Bholenath, which is the popular name of Lord Shiva, in the main highlight of this month. In Shravan, people observe fasts on Mondays to seek Lord Shiva's blessing. It is believed that there are numerous benefits of fasting on Shravan Mondays. This fast is observed by women largely to get a good husband. The five Mondays of Shravan will be on July 6, July 13, July 20, July 27 and August 3.
How to worship Lord Shiva during Shravan?
It is believed that Lord Shiva’s devotees should recite Shiva Chalisa during Shravan to seek his blessings. It is believed that reciting the Shiva Chalisa will help his devotees seek Lord Shiva’s blessings who will fulfil all of their dreams. Some legends say that Shiva Chalisa holds secret powers to bring health, wealth, and prosperity.
Here’s the complete puja vidhi of worshiping Lord Shiva in Shravan:
- On the Mondays of Shravan, people are advised to observe fast from sunrise to sunset. Though a person can perform the Abhishek of a Shivlinga with milk, fasting devotees must not drink milk.
- People should not drink alcohol and eat non-vegetarian food during Shravan. The devotees should also avoid eating brinjal or eggplant as it is considered impure according to the Puranas.
- The devotees are also advised to listen to the Monday fast story/Vrat Katha after worshipping Lord Shiva.
- During the Shravan month, devotees should wake up in the Brahma Muhurta on Mondays.
- The devotees are also advised to not use Haldi or turmeric while performing the Abhishek.
- To spread a positive environment in the house, the devotees are also advised to sprinkle Ganga water or offer milk to Goddess Parvati and Lord Nandi.
- While worshipping Lord Shiva, you must offer him Bel Patra or Bel leaves, Dhatura, bhang, sandalwood, akshat or rice.
- The devotees should also practice self-restraint and follow the rules of Brahmacharya during the month of Shravan.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma