Sharad Purnima 2020: From puja vidhi to shubh muhurat, all you need to know about Kojagiri Purnima
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Sharad Purnima or Kojagiri Purnima is being celebrated on the Shukla Paksha of the Ashwin month (According to the Hindu lunar calendar). This year, the devotees will observe the fast on October 31 (today) (According to the Gregorian calendar). It is believed that Sharad Purnima is a combination of 16 kalas, which can grant a human being perfect qualities.
On this day, devotees worship Moon to please Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Shiva. It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi revolves around the orbit of the Earth on the night of Sharad Purnima and bless people with peace and prosperity. Read on to know the importance of moonlight, Puja Vidhi, Mantra, Puja Katha and everything else you need to know.
Muhurat of Sharad Purnima 2020:
Full moon date starts - October 30, 2020 at 17:45 pm
Full moon date ends - October 31, 2020 at 20:18 pm
Preparation of Kheer
As per Hindu scriptures, Kheer made on Sharad Purnima is not just a delicacy, it is divine medicine. It should be made from cow's milk and Ganga's water. If possible, try to make these puddings (Milk and Rice) in a silver vessel. The texts describe rice as the food of the gods. Mahalakshmi is also pleased with rice. In addition, saffron, cow's ghee and other types of dry fruits should also be used in this kheer. If possible, it should be made only in the light of the moon.
1. On this day, devotees wake up in the Brahma Muhurta. Also, take bath in a holy river. However, bathing in the river is not possible due to coronavirus. In such a situation, devotees can sprinkle some Ganga water on themselves.
2. Then put a red cloth on a place of worship. Install the idol of Maa Lakshmi on it.
3. Offer red flowers, naivedya, perfumes, clothes, jewelery, and other adornments to the Devi.
4. Offer prayer to Goddess Lakshmi. Then offer flowers, incense (incense sticks), lamps (lamps), naivedya, betel nut, dakshina etc.
5. After this, chant Lakshmi mantras and recite Lakshmi Chalisa. Also sing Aarti of Maa Lakshmi.
6. Now, offer Kheer to the Goddess Lakshmi.
7. On this day, donate to a Brahmin according to your strength.
8. Make kheer from cow's milk. Offer Kheer to Goddess Lakshmi at midnight. Then, distribute it as Prasad.
9. Do listen to the story of Sharad Purnima during worship.
10. Place water in a pot and fill wheat in a glass. Keep roli and rice in it.
Then worship the Kalash and offer Dakshina. Along with Mother Lakshmi, worship Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati and Lord Karthikeya.
Posted By: Srishti Goel