Shani Pradosh Vrat 2021: Puja vidhi, shubh muhurat and katha of this auspicious day
New Delhi| Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Shani Pradosh is observed on Trayodashi tithi of both lunar phase i.e. Shukla paksha and Krishna paksha. It is one of the auspicious festivals of Hindus that falls twice every month. As per Hindu belief, when Pradosh falls on Saturday it is called Shani Pradosh. On this day, devotees worship Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and observe a day-long fast to seek their blessings. As the day is here, we have brought you some necessary details on how to observe this auspicious fast.
What are the puja timings of Shani Pradosh Vrat?
Shani Pradosh Vrat puja timings
7:07 pm to 9:03 pm: Chaitra Shukla Trayodashi
Begin 7:17 pm April 24
Ends 4:12 pm April 25
In Skanda Purana, the rewards of Shani Pradosh Vrat are mentioned. Devotees who observe this fast with faith and dedication are blessed with fulfilment of desires as well with health, wealth and contentment. It is a very sacred fast. It gives eternal bliss and spiritual upliftment to devotees. All the sins are washed away by this vrat.
Vrat vidhi, puja and rituals
- In the evening before sunset take bath, wear clean cloth and prepare for puja.
- At sandhya kaal puja of Lord Shiva, Maa Parvati, Lord Ganesh, Kartik and Nandi is done. In some places, all these idols are made of clay.
- A kalasha filled with water is kept on durba grass. Lord Shiva is invoked in kalasha.
- Lighting of diya is very rewarding.
- Abhishek is done with chanting of mantras and bathing shivling with sacred substances like milk, curd, ghee, honey, sugar etc.
- Bilva leaves which are very dear to Lord Shiva are offered along with different flowers
- Pradosh vrat katha is listened.
- Enchanting of mantras is done.
- Devotees apply sacred ash on their foreheads.
A noble trader was living a luxurious life with his wife. Though they were blessed with all the worldly things, the couple was very unsatisfied with life as after the passing of many years they were not able to embrace parenthood.
For getting peace they started for pilgrimage i.e. tirtha yatra. On the way, they met a sage, who was meditating. After meditation, the sage listened to them and advised the couple to observe Shani Pradosh Vrat.
After returning from yatra, the trader and his wife observed Shani Pradosh Vrat with devotion and faith. The couple was blessed and the trader's wife conceived in a few days.
Shani Pradosh Vrat is very auspicious, it gives good fortune and devotees get rid of their sins.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal