New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Sawan, one of the most auspicious festivals in Hinduism. is underway. Also known as 'Shrawan', people -- especially unmarried girls -- in this month worship Lord Shiva and observe a day-long fast on each Monday of the month. It is believed that worshipping Lord Shiva on Mondays of Sawan can help unmarried girls find a suitable spouse.
This year, there are four Shrawan Somwars. The first was on July 26 and the second is falling on August 2, which is the Krishna paksha Navami day of Sawan. As the second Sawam Somwar has arrived, we have brought you some important details that you must follow on this day.
Sawan Second Somwar Vrat 2021: Date & Shubh Muhurat
Date: August 2, Monday
Navami- upto 08:34 am
Sunset- 06:22 pm
Rahu Kaal- 07:56 am - 09:26am
Amrit Kaal- 06:31 pm - 08:19 pm
Abhijit Muhurat- 12:01 pm - 12:48 pm
Sawan Second Somwar Vrat 2021: Puja Vidhi
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear clean clothes
- Do meditation and take a vow to observe fast sincerely
- Visit Lord Shiva's temple and perform Rudraabhishek. Offer holy water Ganga, milk, honey, dahi, ghee, bhel and dhatura to Shivalinga and do tilak of chandan
- Recite Shiva mantras such as Shiva stotram, shiva chalisa, or chant Om 108 times
- Read the Sawan Somwar Vrat Katha and conclude the puja by performing aarti
Sawan Second Somwar Vrat 2021: Significance
As per Skanda Purana, those who preach Lord Shiva religiously during Sawan are bestowed with all the happiness and prosperous life. It was during this period, Devi Parvati observed fast to gain Lord Shiva's trust to marry her. Just like unmarried women getting suitable grooms. Similarly, married women also observe fast for the long life of their husband and happiness of the family.
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv