Santan Saptami 2021: Check shubh muhurat, significance, puja vidhi and more about the special day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Santan Saptami is one of the auspicious Hindu festivals as it is dedicated to Kuldevi or Kuldevta. Also known as Lalitha Saptami, Aparajita Saptami and Muktabharan Saptami, this special day is observed for the longevity and wellness of children. On this day, mother-father both observe a day-long fast for their children and worship their kuldevi or kuldevta. Also, as per Hindu belief, those who observe fast on this day are blessed with a male child. This auspicious day falls on the Saptami tithi, that is, the seventh day of Shukla Paksha of Bhadrapad month of the Hindu Lunar Calendar. This year the day is being observed today, September 13, 2021.
Santan Saptami 2021: Date and time
- Saptami starts September 12 at 05:21 pm
- Saptami ends September 13 at 03:11 pm
- Sunrise 06:16 am
- Sunset 06:28 pm
Santan Saptami 2021: Shubh Mahurat
- Abhijit Muhurat 11:58 am - 12:47 pm
- Amrit Kaal. 10:45pm - 12:46am
- Brahm Muhurat 04:40 am - 05:28 am
Santan Saptami 2021: Significance
Santan Saptami vrat is observed for the longevity and wellness of our own children. As per popular beliefs, it is also observed to be blessed with male child. Mainly Santana Saptami vrat is observed by women but it is often observed by both mother and father for happiness and success of children.
Santan Saptami 2021: Legend
It is believed that Lord Krishna narrated it to Yudhishthira, the eldest son of Pandu. He told that importance of this vrat was told by Rishi Lomesh to his parents Devki and Vasudev. King Kans had killed seven sons of them so they were in deep sorrow. Rishi advised them to observe Santan Saptami vrat to overcome their sorrow.
Santan Saptami 2021: Puja rituals
- Puja should be started only after taking an early bath and wearing clean clothes.
- Clean the puja place, spread red cloth on a wooden platform.
- Pray to Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati and Lord Vishnu.
- Establish an idol or picture of Lord Shiva with family.
- Keep a water-filled Kalash, with mango leaves on its mouth, cover it. Put a coconut on it.
- Light a diya and offer flowers, akshat, paan, supari and naivedya.
- Offer red mauli ( red pious thread ) to Lord Shiva. After puja tie this thread on the wrist of child.
- Take Sankalp, the vow to observe Santan Saptami vrat.
- Prasad offered is made of Kheer puri and sweet puey made of flour and jaggery.
- Seven puey tied on banana leaf are offered and kept at puja place.
- Recite Santan Saptami vrat Katha.
- Puja should preferably be completed by noon.
- Fast is concluded after aarti, bhog.
- Seven puey are given to brahman, and vrat is broken by eating puey.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal