New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Sankashti Chaturthi 2021 is one of the important days for all Hindus as it is dedicated to Lord Ganesha. The meaning of Sankashti is 'freedom from difficulties'. Also, know as Vighanharta, he reduces the problems and removes obstacles of his devotees. According to the Hindu calendar, every month Sankashti Chaturthi is observed on the fourth day of Krishna Paksha. This month the auspicious day is being celebrated today, September 24, 2021. On this day, devotees observed a day-long fast and seek the blessings of Lord Ganesha for prosperous and obstacle-free life.
Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: Date and time
- Godhuli puja muhurat 18:37 - 19:03
- Chaturthi starts on September 24 at 08:29 am
- Chaturthi ends on September 25 at 10:36 am
- Sunrise 06:10 am
- Sunset 06:15 pm
- Moon 08:20 pm
Sankashti Chaturthi: Importance
Sanskrit meaning of Sankashti is Sankat hara or deliverance from hurdles and unfavourable times. To please Lord Ganesha, Sankashti Chaturthi is considered one of the most auspicious days. As mentioned above, on this day Lord Shiva declared his son Ganesha as superior among all gods. Lord Ganesha is worshipped before the beginning of any rituals, or start of a new venture. He is also worshipped as the god of wisdom and is popularly known as Vignaharta (the one who clears all obstacles).
Sankashti Chaturthi: Puja vidhi
- Wake up early in the morning and pray to Lord Ganesha by offering him water.
- Observe day-long fast as it is believed all the desires will be fulfilled.
- Avoid consuming rice, wheat, and dal in any form for the day.
- In the evening, offer prayers to Lord Ganesha with Durva Grass, flowers, incense sticks and diya.
- Chant Ganesh mantras while following the whole puja vidhi.
- Now offer modak and laddoos which are the most favourite of Lord Ganesha.
- Before moonlight Ganapati Atharvasheersha is recited.
- Break the fast after moonrise. Sighting of moon is very auspicious. Therefore, when the moon is visible, offer arghya.
- As per popular beliefs Lord Ganesha disliked Tulsi, so never offer its leaves while worshipping him.
Vakratunda Ganesha Mantra
Shree Vakratunda Mahakaya Suryakoti Samaprabha।
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryeshu Sarvada॥
Ganesha Shubh Labh Mantra
Om Shreem Gam Saubhagya Ganpataye।
Varvarda Sarvajanma Mein Vashamanya Namah॥
Ganesha Gayatri Mantra
Om Ekadantaya Viddhamahe, Vakratundaya Dhimahi,
Tanno Danti Prachodayat॥
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal