Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: All you need to know about shubh tithi, puja vidhi and significance of this auspicious day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Every year Sankashti Chaturthi is celebrated on the4th day of Krishna Paksha as per the Hindu Calendar. Also called Angarki Chaturthi, this year it's falling on March 31, Wednesday. Out of all Sankashti Chaturthi, Angarki Chaturthi is considered one of the most auspicious Chaturthi. On this day, devotees worship Lord Ganesha to seek their blessings for a happy life. Also, as per Hindu mythology, on this day Lord Shiva named his son Ganesha superior to all the gods.
Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: Date and timing
The auspicious timing for Sankashti Chaturthi is:
March 31, 2021 02:06 pm to April 1, 2021, 10:59 am
Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: Importance
Sanskrit meaning of Sankashti is Sankat hara or deliverance from hurdles and unfavourable times. To please Lord Ganesha, Sankashti Chaturthi is considered one of the most auspicious days. As mentioned above, on this day Lord Shiva declared his son Ganesha as superior among all gods. Lord Ganesha is worshipped before the beginning of any rituals, or start of a new venture. He is also worshipped as the god of wisdom and is popularly known as Vignaharta (the one who clears all obstacles).
Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: Puja vidhi
- Wake up early in the morning and pray to Lord Ganesha by offering him water.
- Observe day long fast as it is believed all the desires will be fulfilled. Avoid consume rice, wheat and dal in any form for the day.
- In the evening, offer prayers to Lord Ganesha with Durva Grass, flowers, incense sticks and diya.
- Chant Ganesh mantras while following the whole puja vidhi.
- Now offer modak and laddoos which are the most favourite of Lord Ganesha.
- Sighting of moon is very auspicious. Therefore, when the moon is visible, offer arghya.
- As per popular beliefs Lord Ganesha disliked Tulsi, so never offer its leaves while worshipping him.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal