National Nutrition Week 2020: Want to control hair fall? Add these five sources to your diet
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Hair fall is a common problem which is faced by both men and women across the world. According to data, nearly one-third population of the world suffer from this problem. However, hair fall is a natural phenomenon and there are several reasons for this. From improper diet to mineral deficiency to stress, several reasons could lead to hair fall.
However, experts say that there several ways by which we can control hair fall. According to experts, you don’t need to take medicines or visit a doctor for this and as you can control hair fall with certain home remedies. So on this National Nutrition Week, we at Jagran English have listed below some of the ‘superfoods’ which can help you reduce hair fall:
1. Egg: Egg is classified as a superfood. Eggs contain a protein that is good for your overall health. Eggs also contain biotin that is crucial for the production of a hair protein called keratin. Eggs are also used in several hair products.
2. Beets: Also known as beetroot, beets are filled with essential vitamins, minerals and plant compounds, which help in hair growth. Besides, beets also help in weight management.
3. Spinach: Spinach is packed with tons of nutrients essential for skin, hair, and bone health. It is also a rich source of protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
4. Lentils: Lentils are loaded with B-vitamins, magnesium, zinc and potassium. They are a good source of biotin and protein which helps in hair growth. Besides, lentils are also high in fiber and reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
5. Nuts: Several health experts believe nuts are loaded with nutrients that are necessary for hair growth. According to a research, the antioxidants in walnuts and almonds can protect the delicate fats in your cells from being damaged by oxidation. The antioxidants found in nuts can help reduce stress, a major cause of hair fall.
Posted By: Deeksha Sharma