Mohini Ekadashi 2021: Know shubh muhurat, fasting rules, puja vidhi and other details about this day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Mohini Ekadashi Vrat is one of the important fasts out of 24 Ekadashi vrat in a year. It is one of the auspicious fasts for Hindus as it is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Every year on the 11th day during the Shukla Paksha in the Vaishakha month devotees observe day-long fast and worship Lord Vishnu for a prosperous life. This year the holy day is being observed on May 22 and will conclude early on May 23. According to Hindu mythology, it was on this Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu appeared in a female form named Mohini, so ever since then, this Ekadashi is being observed as Mohini Ekadashi.
Mohini Ekadashi 2021 Date & Time
Date: May 22 and May 23
Shubh Tithi Begins: 9:15 am, May 22
Shubh Tithi Ends: 6:42 am, May 23
The Parana time or breaking Ekadashi fast: 1:40 pm to 4:25 pm
Gauna Mohini Ekadashi is on May 23, Sunday
Mohini Ekadashi 2021 Puja Vidhi
- Wake up before sunrise
- Add Til and Kush to the water and bath. Wear clean clothes
- Bathe Lord Vishnu and make him wear new clothes
- Do tilak and offer flowers, dhoop, tulsi leaves and fruits
- Chant Om Namah Bhagwate Vasudevaya and Vishnu mantra for 108 times
- Offer Lord Vishnu bhog and conclude your puja by performing aarti
Mohini Ekadashi 2021 Significance
According to Hindu mythology, on this Ekadashi, he appeared in the form female named Mohini, and since then, this Ekadashi came to be known as Mohini Ekadashi. By worshipping Lor Vishnu and observing fast, devotees are blessed with prosperous and peaceful life.
Mohini Ekadashi 2021 Fasting Rules
- Fasting begins a day before Mohini Ekadashi, that is on Dashami tithi.
- Devotees should consume only saatvik food before sunset
- Avoid the use of cuss words while you are fasting
- Avoid consuming rice and whole wheat
- Ekadashi fast continues till the sunrise on Dwadashi
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv