Labour Day 2020: Wishes, messages, quotes, Facebook and WhatsApp status to share on May Day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Labour Day, also known as ‘May Day’ and ‘International Workers’ Day’, is a day that is observed every year on May 1 to celebrate the achievements of workers. In India, Labour Day is celebrated as public holiday in all the states and union territories (UTs). The first Labour Day was celebrated in India in Chennai on May 1, 1923. In Hindi, Labour Day is also known as ‘Kamgar Din’, ‘Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas’ while it is known as ‘Uzhaipalar Naal’ in Tamil and ‘Kamgar Divas’ in Marathi. So as people observe Labour Day, here are some quotes, wishes, messages that you can share with your friends and colleagues:
- It is the day to all of the labors who did their best in their work and struggled in the past when our country was ruled by the Britishers. On this occasion of May Day, we convey our best wishes and regards to all the labours and workers around the world.
- Every piece of equipment and technology in the modern workplace is made of thousands of parts. Each part is a valuable component made by people like you. You are valued. Happy Labour Day.
- Labour is the ladder through which human dignity and creative excellence is expressed. Happy Labour Day.
- Fruits of your labour are like rains that fertilise the land of our productive development. Happy Labour Day.
- A hundred times every day, I remind myself that my inner and outer life depends on the labours of other men. Those who are living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving. Happy May Day 2020.
- From field to field, and desk to desk, your hard work is what makes our nation the best! Happy Labour Day.
- On this day, let’s acknowledge and celebrate your success which has come for your hard work and effort. Happy International Worker’s Day.
- “Work is no disgrace; the disgrace is idleness” – Greek proverb
- “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.” – Karl Marx
- “Heaven is blessed with perfect rest but the blessing of earth is toil.” -Henry van Dyke
- “The man who doesn’t relax and hoot a few hoots voluntarily, now and then, is in great danger of hooting hoots and standing on his head for the edification of the pathologist and trained nurse, a little later on” -Elbert Hubbard
- “A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labour and there is an invisible labour.” – Victor Hugo
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life” – Confucius
- “God sells us all things at the price of labour” -Leonardo da Vinci
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma