Holi 2021: Want to get rid of harsh colours? Check out these 4 easy-to-make DIY ubtans
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Finally! The festival of colours, Holi is here. Well, the festival Holi is synonymous with preparing scrumptious snacks, sweets like gujiya, among others. However, there is one thing that we tend to neglect when we prepare for the festival and it is taking care of ourselves. As it is the festival of colours, many people use harsh colours which are not good for the skin and it creates a problem for our skin.
Although as per the government's guidelines on COVID-19, people are not allowed to have large gatherings but however, you can still celebrate Holi with your family members at home. So, here we are with 4 simple recipes of ubtans which can be made at home with easily available kitchen ingredients
Masoor dal ubtan
- Just add 1 teaspoon of masoor dal powder with some dried orange peel
- Mix 1 teaspoon of rose water with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Apply it directly on your face and rinse it off with water after keeping the pack for 20 minutes.
- (This pack is for oily skin.)
- Mix 3 tablespoon of dahi (curd), 2 tablespoon of besan (gram flour), gulab jal (rose water) and some olive oil together.
- Keep the pack on your face for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Later you can even use a facewash to wash your face.
Multani mitti ubtan
- Wash your face with normal or cold water first. (avoid hot water)
- Mix some multani mitti powder in a bowl with a few teaspoons of rose water.
- Apply and keep the pack on your face for about 15-20 minutes before rinsing it off with water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of almond powder with honey.
- Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice and then add some milk.
- Apply the mixture on your skin and keep it as it is until it dries.
- Later rinse it off slowly with water.
So guys, which now out of the above are you going to prepare for Holi?
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal