Happy Onion Rings Day 2021: Lip-smacking recipe you should definitely give a try on this day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: As the name suggests, Onion Rings Day is dedicated to the amazing appetizer which is made of onions. This is a deep-fried batter-coated on them that makes the whole recipe beyond delicious. The special dish is common in countries like Canada, UK, Australia and more. This day is observed on June 22 all over the world.
Therefore, to mark the celebration of this unique day what's better than to try the mouth-watering recipe of onion rings. So, here we are with the full details of the dish which you can easily prepare at home. Take a look
- Heat 1 quarter frying oil in a deep-fryer to almost 185 degrees C.
- Take 1 onion, cut it and separate its rings.
- Now take a small bowl and mix 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp salt.
- Now dip the separated onion rings into the flour mix so that the mixture is properly coated on the onion rings.
- Whisk 1 egg and 1 cup of milk into the mixture.
- Now again put the onion rings back into the mix.
- Then spread ¾ cup dry bread crumbs on a dish and put onion rings on the crumbs so they are properly coated.
- Make sure the coating stays on the onions properly.
- Now deep fry the rings for 2-3 mins until they turn into golden brown colour.
- You can even sprinkle some salt at the end.
Onion Health Benefits
Apart from serving as a delicious ingredient and even a part of salad, this food has great health advantages. Yes, onions are a great source of flavonoids as well as antioxidant vitamins, such as vitamins A, C and E. All these help in protecting our skin cells from the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays. Onions are a rich source of quercetin that helps in combating free radical damages, thereby averting the signs of untimely aging.
With inputs from IANS.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal