Ganesh Chaturthi 2021: Follow these dos and don'ts while performing rituals
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Ganesh Chaturthi 2021 is one of the most important festivals for all Hindus as it was on this day Lord Ganesha came down to Earth from Kailash Parvath with his mother, Goddess Parvati. It is a 10-day-long festival starting from September 10 and will conclude on September 21, 2021. After the completion of 10 days, the idol of Ganesh is carried in processions and is immersed on Anant Chaturdashi day in holy water body. From the first day till the visarjan, devotees observe day long fasts, offer prayers, sing and dance to his bhajans.
As the auspicious day is here, we have brought you few set of dos and don't that you must follow while obersving or performing Vinayaka Chaturthi rituals.
- We invite Lord Ganesh and bring the idols home, therefore during all the days it is recommended to observe celibacy.
- As Ganesha is our guest, prepare satvik food and first offer him the first serving of every dish prepared.
- Perform puja, aarti and bhog at home before taking the idol for Visarjan.
- The idol should be made of clay and colours used should be nature friendly.
- If there are no holy water bodies nearby then try immersing the idol of Ganesha at home. It can be in a bucket or drum or in soil.
- If not possible at home carry the idol to a nearby natural water body for immersion.
- Do not bid farewell to Lord Ganesha without aarti and offerings of food.
- Do not start processions at an inappropriate time. Follow shubh mahurat.
- Do not close the door of the house when idol is carried out for Visarjan. One member must be at home.
- Do not immerse big idols near the shore, instead hire a boat.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal