Happy Father's Day 2020 Gift Ideas: From handwritten letters to watches to photographs, here are some of the best gift ideas for your dad on this occasion
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June to mark the importance of fathers and the special bond that exists between him and his child. This year, Father Day will be cebelrated on June 21. Father's Day was first celebrated in 1910 when Sonora Smart Dodd, the daughter of the American Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, proposed the idea of celebrating the day as a respect to fathers. Since then, Father's Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June every year. However, Father's Day is celebrated in March and May in some countries around the world.
A famous quote by Antoine François Prévost reads as “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” Fathers are those great heroes who have fulfilled all of your childhood dreams and have constantly supported you through your life’s ups and downs. There are many ways to make them feel special. You can go for a picnic or a lunch or something like that but due to the coronavirus crisis across the world, it is not advisable to go outside.
However, there are several ways to celebrate Father's Day apart from an outing. You can give gifts to him as fathers hardly buy or purchase something for themselves. Gifting is considered as an art, you express your love and affection for the person through that gift. So gifting him should be something special.
Here are some of the gift that you can share with your father on this Father’s Day:
* You can gift him a portrait of the two of you together. As photographs are a time capsule in their way.
* Prepare a handwritten letter for your father or father figure thanking and recalling the memories that you have had spent together with adding minor details. Conversations that were meaningful to you.
* One item that fathers need but won’t buy for himself is a grooming set. Upgrade his grooming set.
* Another useful one is a coffee maker for the coffee lover dad. Getting someone a coffee machine means gifating cupful of coffees for every day of the rest of your life.
* Another thing that every dad needs but won’t buy is a wallet. Gift him a wallet it will remind him of you every time he will use it.
* You can stay by his side and talk to him about his past life, his current, etc.
* You can prepare food for him. Preparing food with your best efforts will never go in vain.
* Perfume is another best gift. Nobody dislikes scent. Most of the fathers often get perfumes on this day.
* Watch is just another right go-to-gift. Fathers and watches go hand-in-hand.
* If your dad loves personalised items then you can use a cup, a pillow, or a frame with his pictures. Daily Essentials Gift Box is just the right item to go with.
* Minimalistic card-holder is another perfect item that can help to organize and to arrange the daily use of paper or cards.
* Books can be a great gift too. The choice of the book depends on your fathers' taste.
* Last but not the least, massage reliever. It’s great for shoulder, back, and elbow pain. A multifunctional device that helps to ease the pain, tiredness, and activate circulation for pain relief.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma