Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: 3 lip smacking recipe ideas to add extra flavour to your Eid
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The holy festival of Muslims, Eid ul Fitr is finally here to celebrate love, unity and brotherhood. This festival marks the end of Ramadan and the start of the 10th month. To celebrate this day, Muslims prepare various delicacies especially Sewai as it is considered auspicious. So as the festival is here so are we with the 3 mouth-watering recipe ideas to add a little extra flavour to your Eid and make it even more special.
Take a look:
- Boil 10 cups of water, add 1 kg cubed lamb and blanch for 1-2 minutes. Drain the water, wash the meat in cold water and keep aside.
- In a pan, add meat, 1 cup ghee, 10 green cardamoms, salt to taste, 1/2 cup garlic water, 5 cloves 4 and cinnamon sticks.
- Mix well and bring the mixture to the boil. Fry until meat turns golden brown.
- Add water so that when the meat is cooked, very little water remains.
- When the meat is soft, remove the pan from the heat. Add 1/2 cup almond paste and 1/2 cup cream. Mix well.
- Return the pan to very low heat and simmer for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and serve.
- Chop 3 chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Add 120 gm. yogurt, 2 minced garlic, 1 tbsp. ginger, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. ground coriander, 1/2 tsp. turmeric, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. chilli powder, 1 pinch cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together along with chicken and cover and marinate in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Thread onto skewers, then brush with oil.
- Cook on a grill pan or on the barbecue for 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.
- Soak 100 gm. rice in water for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Drain water and grind to a fine paste.
- Add 3 cups milk to the paste and heat/cook together, stirring constantly so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom. Bring to a boil and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1 tin condensed milk and remove from flame.
- Add 1 tsp. elaichi powder and 1 tsp. rose water. Let it cool and set it in a refrigerator.
- Serve garnished with some rose petals.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal