Dwijapriya Sankashti Chaturthi 2021: Know vrat timings, shubh muhurat, puja vidhi and everything you need to know about this day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: The Dwijapriya Sankashti Chaturthi falls after the full moon day and the day is being observed today across the country. On this day, devotees worship Lord Ganesha and observe fast and perform puja. It is believed that those who worship Lord Ganesha on this day, will get their desires completed and God also saves them from all evils. As per the Hindu calendar, the Sankashti Chaturthi takes place twice every month. So to mark the Dwijapriya Sankashti Chaturthi, get to know the Vrat timing, puja methods and more about the auspicious day.
Vrat is expected to be observed on March 2.
Shubh Tithi timings
The Chaturthi Tithi is expected to begin at 5:46 AM on March 2 and will be ending at 2:59 AM on March 3.
Vrat Moonrise timings
The Moonrise time - 9:41 PM
Dwijapriya Sankashti Ganesh Chaturthi Significance
On this day, devotees worship the Dwijapriya Maha Ganapati which is another form of Lord Ganesha. Here, the meaning of Sankashti is deliverance. Devotees observe fast to have their obstacles removed and their sadness eliminated as Lord Ganesha is called Vighnaharta and Dukhharta. As per popular beliefs, the essence of the vrat on this day was explained to Yudhishthira by Lord Krishna himself.
Worship method of Sankashti Chaturthi:
- On this day you should wake up before sunrise and take a bath.
- After this, sit facing towards the north. Then worship Lord Ganesha and offer water to him.
- Add sesame seeds to this water. Give arghya from this and fast all day.
- In the evening, pray and worship Lord Ganesha with the usual rituals.
- Offer Durva to Ganesha. Durva grass is very dear to Ganesha, so do not forget to offer it.
- Make sure to never offer Tulsi to Lord Ganesha as he dislikes it by popular beliefs.
- Offer Shami leaf and Belpatra to them.
- Offer til ke laddus to Lord Ganesha and perform Aarti for him
- Do give arghya to the moon. After this, open the fast by eating til laddus or til seeds.
- On this day, you should donate til seeds as per your ability.
- It is believed that the tubers which are inside the ground should not be consumed on this day.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal