Chhath Puja Samagri 2020: Check the list of ingredients to celebrate Chhath Puja
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Chhath Puja is one of the biggest festivals for the people living in the state of Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh and Jharkhand. The festival is celebrated for a period of four days from Nahay Khay to Usha Argya. This year it will be observed from November 20 to November 23. The puja includes holy bathing, fasting and abstaining from drinking water (Nirjala Upvas) for 36 hours, standing in water for long periods of time and offering prasad to the Surya Devta (God Sun).
The fast of Chhath Puja is considered to be one of the hardest fasts. This fast comes twice a year - first on the Shashthi Tithi of Shukla Paksha of Chaitra month and second on the Shukla Paksha Shashthi date of Kartik month. It is also known by the names Chhath Puja, Surya Shashthi Puja, Dala Chhath, Chhath Mai Puja, Chhathi Mai, Chhath.
Chhath Puja Samagri 2020: List of ingredients that you need during rituals:
1. Buy new ethnic clothes for the family such as suits, sarees and kurta-pajamas for men or whatever is convenient to them.
2. Buy two big baskets of bamboo to keep the prasad
3. During this puja, special care is taken to ensure that no material is tied.
4. A glass, a lota and a plate for milk and water.
5. 5 sugarcane, which has leaves.
6. Coconut, which contains water.
7. Rice, vermilion, lamp and incense.
8. Green plant of turmeric, radish and ginger.
9. Large one with sweet lemon (Dabh), custard apple, banana and pear.
10. Sweet potato and sooth.
11. Betel and whole betel nut.
13. Kumkum, sandalwood, incense sticks or incense and camphor.
15. Molasses, wheat and rice flour.
The above items of worship are kept inside the bamboo basket and minnows, that are carried by both men and women to the water body-- river, lakes and even artificial ponds.
Posted By: Srishti Goel