Ashadha Amavasya 2021: Know shubh muhurat, puja vidhi, significance and mantras of this auspicious day
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Amavasya or no moon day falls on the last day of Krishna Paksha and Amavasya that falls in the Ashadha month, the fourth month of the Hindu calendar, is known as Ashadha Amavasya. This year the auspicious day is being observed on July 9, 2021. According to Hindu belief, on this day, Pitru or dead ancestors visit the Earth, and people should worship them by making offerings. Worshipping them on this day will bestow their natives with peace and prosperity. Also, it makes them free from Grah Dosha, Pitru Dosha and Shani Dosha as per their horoscope. Also, it is auspicious to observe fast on this day as it gives peace to the souls of the dead family member.
Ashadha Amavasya 2021: Date & Shubh Muhurat
Date: July 9, Friday
Shubh Muhurat Begins: 05:16 am, July 9
Shubh Muhurat Ends: 06:46 am, July 10
Ashadha Amavasya 2021: Significance
According to the Garuda Puran, those who observe Ashadha Amavasya fast, perform puja and does charity is freed from all kinds of doshas and sins. It is auspicious to do charity on this day in name of their ancestors. Observing fast on this day gives peace to the souls of dead ancestors. It is believed that for Pithru Tharpan and Pinda Pradaan, Ashadha Amavasya significance is considered very great.
Ashadha Amavasya 2021: Puja Vidhi
- Wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear clean clothes
- Observe Ashadha Amavasya fast
- Worship Pipal tree, recite mantras and light diya
- Offer prayers to ancestors and donate needy things like food to needy people.
- It is auspicious to offer prayers to Lord Shivam Pipal tree, Lord hanuman and Lord Shani on this day
- As per Hindu belief, offer prayers to the god of Pancha Maha Bhoota that is the five primordial components-- Air, Water, Fire, Sky and the Earth.
Posted By: Niharika Sanjeeiv