Apara Ekadashi 2021: Check date, time, significance and importance of Achla Ekadashi here
New Delhi | Jagran Lifestyle Desk: Apara Ekadashi is a religious and pious Hindu vrat day where Lord Vishnu devotees observe strict fast. It is observed on the Ekadashi day that is the eleventh day of Jyeshtha Hindu month. It is also known as Jyeshta Krishna Ekadashi as it falls on the Krishna Paksha of Jyeshtha. Apart from that the festival is also called Achla Ekadashi. This year, Apara Ekadashi will be celebrated on June 6, 2021.
Apara Ekadashi 2021: Date and time
- Ekadashi begins June 5 at 4:07 am
- Ekadashi ends. June 6 at 6:19 am
- Dvadashi end moment June 7 at 8:48 am
- Hari Vasara end moment June 6 12:57 pm
- Paran Time June 7, 5:44 am to June 7, 8:25 am
- Sunrise June 6, 5:44 am
- Sunset. June 6, 7:06 pm
Apara Ekadashi 2021: Significance
According to Hindu mythological scripture significance of Apara Ekadashi was narrated to Pandava king Yudhishthir by Lord Krishna.
- Apara means limitless, it is believed that by fast on this day devotees receive limitless blessings from Lord Vishnu.
- By having a dip in holy river Ganga during the month of Kartik people get moksha, it is believed that by fast on this day, same benefits are received.
- This fast along with good deeds will give the privilege of donation of cows and performing of yajnas.
- By this fast guilt of committed sins are pardoned.
- Lord Vishnu will bless them with wealth and success.
- Devotees will get salvation.
Apara Ekadashi 2021: Story
As per Hindu scripture in ancient times a king Mahidwaj who was following the righteous path was killed by his younger brother Yajra Dhwaj due to his hatred. Yajra hid his brother's body under a Peepal tree due to which Mahidwaj didn't attain salvation and his spirit stayed there. Later, once a sage was passing from the tree and sensed the spirit and came to know the reality. The sage observed the fast of Apara Ekadashi to get the blessings of Lord Vishnu so that he could help Mahidwaj. After that, the sage helped Mahidwaj to get salvation.
Apara Ekadashi 2021: Puja vidhi
- It is a three-day fast. One day before devotees just have lunch. On the day of Ekadashi, hard fast is observed. Next day after sunrise they break the fast.
- Some people do it without water, some with fruits and some with satvik pure food.
- Early bath with puja of Lord Vishnu is performed.
- Tulsi leaves are favourite to Lord Vishnu, so along with fruits, sweets tulsi leaves are offered.
- Recite the story of Apara Ekadashi.
- Reciting Vishnu Sahastranama is very auspicious.
- After aarti distribute prasad.
- Donation of fruits, food, cloth and money to brahmans is considered good.
Apara Ekadashi 2021: Mantra
Om Namo Bhagwate Vasudevay
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal