Unlock 1.0 starts from today: From inter-state travel to schools and colleges, here's what opens and from when
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Days after the Centre’s announcement, the country on Monday entered ‘unlock 1.0’ or the first phase of the phase-wise upliftment of the coronavirus-induced lockdown.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Saturday evening had issued the guidelines for the phase-wise upliftment of the restrictions and said that the lockdown will continue in containment zones across the country till June 30, demarcated by the district authorities.
It said that there will be stricter perimeter control to ensure that there is no movement of people in or out of containment zones, except for medical emergencies and for maintaining the supply of essential services and goods.
"The guidelines will come into effect from June 1, 2020, and will be effective till June 30, 2020. The current phase of re-opening, ‘Unlock 1’, will have an economic focus," the Home Ministry said in its order.
As India enters ‘unlock 1.0’, here’s the complete list of services that will open and that will remain prohibited from June 1:
First Phase of Unlock 1.0:
- In the first phase of the upliftment, religious places and places of worship will be allowed to open from June 8.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services will also open from June 8.
- Shopping malls will also be permitted to open from June 8.
Second Phase of Unlock 1.0:
- The government will consult the governments of states and union territories (UTs) and will decide whether to open the schools, colleges, educational institutions or not. Based on the suggestions provided by the states and UTs – including parents – a decision in this regard will be taken in July.
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will also prepare a standard operating protocol (SOPs) in this regard to ensure that social distancing is followed to contain the further spread of the dreadful COVID-19 infection.
View this post on Instagram
#Lockdown5.0 is Unlock 1.0: Malls, hotels, inter-state travel to re-open from June 8; curbs in containment zones till June 30 . . . . . #lockdown #lockdownextended #lockdown2020 #lockdownlife #coronaviruslockdown #coronaviruslockdown2020 #lockdown5 #lockdown5point0 #lockdown5phases #india #news #instawithjagranenglish #jagranenglish #guidelines #sops #lockdownguidelines #unlock1 #malls #interstatemovement #containmentzones
Third Phase of Unlock 1.0:
- After assessing the COVID-19 crisis in the country, the government will decide whether to resume international flight services or not.
- A decision regarding the resumption of metro rail services will also be taken by the government.
- Cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places should be allowed to open or not will be decided.
- A decision whether to open social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations should be allowed to open or not will be taken.
Meanwhile, Inter-state and intra-state movement of people and goods will be permitted from June 1 without permission or e-pass. However, the Home Ministry said that the states will be empowered to regulate movement after prior publicity of information and the procedures to be followed.
The Home Ministry order further states that the night curfew will continue but the government revised its timings. From June 1, the night curfew will be in place from 9 pm to 5 am. The government also advised people with co-morbid, pregnant women and children below the age of 10 years to stay at home.
The country on Monday entered ‘unlock 1.0’ or the first phase of the phase-wise upliftment of lockdown. The government had first imposed the lockdown on March 24 in wake of the coronavirus crisis. The lockdown was extended till May 3. Then it was extended till May 17 and then May 31.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma