Unlock 1.0 in West Bengal | Here's what will reopen and what will remain closed across state from today
Kolkata | Jagran News Desk: Amid the surging coronavirus cases across the country, the Centre has issued guidelines for the first phase of the phase-wise upliftment of the lockdown, providing relaxations by restoring partial restoration of public transport and allowing malls, salons, places of worships to open.
With this, the West Bengal government has also issued guidelines for the upliftment of the lockdown, allowing religious places, malls, restaurants to open in the state from Monday. So here’s a complete list of what will open and what will remain closed across West Bengal from June 8:
- Government offices across the state will be allowed to open with a workforce of 70 per cent.
- The state government has also allowed private offices to operate. However, it said that work from home should be encouraged.
- Markets will be allowed to operate till 9 pm in the state.
- The state government has also allowed salons, beauty parlours to open in West Bengal. It, however, has said that employees will have to wear masks and use gloves.
- Restaurants, hotels and shopping malls have also been allowed to open till 9 pm in the state.
- However, all the educational institutions, including schools, colleges and coaching centres will continue to remain close.
- Metro and suburban train services will also remain close.
- Swimming pools and gymnasiums will not be allowed to open.
- Cinema halls, theatres, auditoriums, entertainment parks and bars will not open in the state.
- Assembly for religious, cultural, recreation, political, academic or sporting purposes has not been allowed in the state.
So far, the deadly coronavirus has affected more than 7,700 people in West Bengal and claimed the lives of nearly 400, according to the information available at the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. There are more than 4,200 coronavirus cases in West Bengal, said the Health Ministry while adding that over 3,100 people have been cured in West Bengal and discharged from hospitals.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma
- Unlock 1.0 in west bengal
- west bengal unlock 1.0
- lockdown 5.0
- west bengal lockdown
- what's open in west bengal
- west bengal unlock 1.0 guidelines
- unlock 1.0
- mamata banerjee
- covid 19
- coronavirus india
- coronavirus lockdown
- india lockdown
- covid 19 lockdown
- lockdown restrictions
- coronavirus restrictions