Unlock 1.0 in Maharashtra: COVID-19 cases inch to 86,000-mark as private offices reopen after over two months | Updates
Mumbai | Jagran News Desk: With the start of "Unlock 1.0", the Centre's three-phase plan to end the coronavirus-induced lockdown, several restrictions were relaxed across the country, including Maharashtra which has been the worst-hit state in India.
Maharashtra, which has reported the highest number of coronavirus cases in India, has termed the Unlock 1.0 as "Mission Begin Again". The Uddhav Thackeray-led Maharashtra government has given a considerable relaxations across the state and have allowed private offices to reopen after over two months with up to 10 per cent strength as per requirement while the remaining employees will work from home. The state government, however, has not allowed places of worship or religious places and shopping malls to reopen to control the highly contagious virus from spreading in Maharashtra.
View this post on Instagram
Social distancing goes for a toss as Mumbaikars return to Marine Drive for walks after months . . . . #socialdistancing #socialdistancing2020 #socialdistance #socialdistancewalk #marinedrive #marinedrivemumbai #lockdown #lockdown2020 #mumbai #india #news #maharashtra #maharashtra_ig #maharashtranews #instawithjagranenglish #jagranenglish . Photos courtesy: @pallav_paliwal
So here’s a complete list of what will remain open and what will remain closed across Maharashtra from June 8:
- All private offices will be allowed to operate with up to 10 per cent strength as per requirement while the remaining employees will work from home. The order, however, said that “all employers should undertake sensitisation programme to educate their employees about adequate precautions to be taken after returning home so that vulnerable people, especially the elderly, are not infected”.
- The outdoor portion of sports complexes and stadia and other open to sky public spaces will be permitted to remain open for individual exercises. However, spectators and group activities will not be allowed.
- The state government has further said that no activities will be permitted in the indoor portion or indoor stadium.
- It has also allowed intradistrict bus service will be allowed with a maximum of 50 per cent capacity per bus.
- Schools, colleges, educational training, coaching institutions etc. will continue to remain close.
- International air travel of passengers except permitted by the MHA and metro rail, the government said in its order.
- The movement of individuals will remain strictly prohibited from 9 pm to 5 am except for essential activities, the order noted.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, entertainment parts, theatres, bars will remain closed.
- Religious places and places of worship will also remain closed.
- Barbershops, spas, salons, beauty parlours, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services will remain prohibited.
The deadly coronavirus has affected nearly 86,000 people in the state and claimed the live of more than 3,000, said the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare while adding that there are over 43,600 active COVID-19 cases in the state. It further said that almost 40,000 people have been cured from the deadly virus and discharged from hospitals.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma
- Unlock 1.0 in Maharashtra
- maharashtra unlock 1.0
- lockdown 5.0
- maharashtra lockdown
- what's open in maharastra
- maharashtra unlock 1.0 guidelines
- unlock 1.0
- uddhav thackeray
- covid 19
- coronavirus india
- coronavirus lockdown
- india lockdown
- covid 19 lockdown
- lockdown restrictions
- coronavirus restrictions