New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: A 40-year-old man who was admitted at Maharao Bhimsingh Hospital in Rajasthan's Kota died after his family allegedly disconnected th ventilator to plug in the cooler due to extreme heat.

The patient was reportedly suspected to be suffering from coronavirus was admitted to the government hospital on June 13, however his reports later came negative for the coronavirus.

He was shifted to the isolation ward on June 15 as a safety measure after another patient in the ICU tested positive for the deadly COVID-19.

Due to extreme heat, the relatives of the patient bought a cooler from outside. On finding no socket for the cooler, they allegedly unplugged the ventilator but almost half-an-hour later, the ventilator ran out of power.

The family members immediately rushed to inform the doctors and medical staff after noticing the patient's critical condition. The doctors performed CPR on the patient but was not able to save him. After his demise, the family, as alleged by the hospitals staff, abused the doctors present at the hospital.

However, Doctor Varun who was on duty the day the man died, has submitted a written complaint to the officials, alleging that the patients' relatives misbehaved with the staff and that they used the cooler without permission.

After a local media took this case, medical superintendent Dr. Naveen Saxena, senior doctors, and the medical committee said that three member panel will investigate the case thoroughly and whoever found at fault would be punished.

"We have set up a committee to investigate the incident based on the primary information. The committee includes the deputy superintendent of the hospital, nursing superintendent, and CMO. The committee is taking the statements of the staff, doctors, and the family members of the patient present that day. The committee will then analyze the report and we will look into all aspects of this issue and then explore further action like taking the case to the police," said Dr. Saxena.

Posted By: Talib Khan