Sushant Singh Rajput Case: Special court to pronounce orders on Rhea, brother Showik's bail pleas tomorrow | Highlights
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: The Special Court hearing the bail pleas of Sushant Singh Rajput's death case's prime accused Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty, has reserved its order on bail. The court will pronounce its order on September 11, Friday.
The court will also pronounce orders on the bail pleas of co-accused, alleged drug peddlers, Basit Parihar and Zaid Vilatra tomorrow.
The 28-year-old actress had filed a bail petition on Wednesday stating that she is being falsely implicated in the case. In her bail application, Rhea had stated ‘that no drugs or psychotropic substances have been seized from her and the allegations, if any, would pertain strictly to smaller quantities. Thus, the offence, if any is bailable’.
Rhea was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on Tuesday for her alleged involvement in a drugs case linked to late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s death. She was arrested after three days of questioning by the NCB and was on Wednesday moved to Byculla Jail, the only prison for women in Mumbai.
The NCB in its remand application claimed that Rhea used to procure drugs for Sushant Singh Rajput and also used to “manage finances for drug procurement along with Rajput”.
The NCB had already arrested Rhea’s brother Showik, Sushant Singh Rajput’s house manager Samuel Miranda and his house help Dipesh Sawant earlier last week.
Here are the Latest Updates from the sensational case:
- A special court will pronounce the orders on the bail pleas of Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty tomorrow. They were arrested by the Narcotic Control Bureau (NCB) probing the drug angle in the actor Sushant Singh Rajput case. The bail orders of co-accused, alleged drug peddlers, Basit Parihar and Zaid Vilatra will also be pronounced tomorrow.
- Arguments on bail pleas of Showik Chakraborty, Rhea Chakraborty, Abdul Basit, Zaid Vilatra, Dipesh Sawant & Samuel Miranda conclude at a Mumbai special court, order to be passed tomorrow.
- Hearing in the bail applications of Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik, begins at a special court in Mumbai They were arrested by Narcotics Control Bureau in a drug case related to Sushant Singh Rajput death case
- The special court will hear today the bail application of Rhea Chakraborty and her brother Showik Chakraborty.
- The bail application further stated that there is nothing on record to suggest that she was in any way involved with the financing of illicit traffic and/or harbouring the offenders in relation to any drug
- The bail plea also claimed that she was ‘forced into making self-incriminatory confessions’ on the day of her arrest.
- Rhea on Wednesday filed a bail in a Mumbai sessions court. In her bail plea in the special court, Rhea has stated she is innocent and accused the NCB of ‘falsely implicating’ her in the case.
- On Wednesday, Rhea was shifted to the Byculla jail, the only women jail in Mumbai, where Sheena Bora murder accused Indrani Mukerjea and Bhima-Koregaon case accused Sudha Bharadwaj, too, have been lodged.
- The magistrate court sent the Jalebi actress to 14-days of Judicial Custody till September 22. Showik and other accused have been sent in judicial custody till September 23.
- After her arrest on Tuesday, Rhea spent her night in the NCB office in Mumbai after a local Magistrate court rejected her bail plea.
- The NCB arrested Rhea Chakraborty on Tuesday after three days of questioning by the drug control agency. She has been booked under Section 27 A of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act.
- Rhea’s brother Showik, Sushant’s house manager Samuel Miranda and his house help Dipesh Sawant were earlier arrested by the NCB in the same case.
- The Narcotics Control Bureau in its remand application had claimed that Rhea Chakraborty used to procure drugs for Sushant Singh Rajput. The agency also claimed that she also managed the finances for drug procurement.
Posted By: Talib Khan