Updated: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 01:38 PM IST
THE Delhi High Court on Tuesday rejected a plea seeking the transfer of the Shraddha Walkar murder case from the Delhi police to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). While dismissing the petition, the Court said, "We don't find a single good reason to entertain this plea."
The plea, which has been moved by a practising lawyer of Delhi, stated that investigation by Delhi Police, in this case, cannot be efficiently carried out due to administrative/staff paucity as well as lack of sufficient technical and scientific equipment to find out the evidence and the witness as the incident had taken place about six months back.
Latest updates from the Big Story:
- Meanwhile, a court in Delhi today also extended the police custody of Aftab Poonawala by four days. The Delhi police produced him before a magistrate court in Saket in a special hearing today.
- Aftab, during the hearing, told the court that the incident happened in the heat of the moment, adding that he is having difficulty recalling the incident. "What happened that happened in heat of the moment," Aftab told the court.
- Delhi police sources, meanwhile, stated that Aftab disposed off the blade and saw he used to chop up the body of Shraddha Walkar into the bushes in Gurugram's DLF Phase 3.
- The accused Aftab threw the cleaver knife he used in chopping up the body into a garbage dump in the Mehrauli area, the sources stated. A Delhi Police team has so far conducted searches, twice, in the forested area in Gurugram to recover the search of the blade and saw.
- Delhi Police also took Aftab to the shop from where he had bought the saw blade, which is 250 meters away from his house.
- The Delhi Police has also approached Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) to conduct a polygraph test on Aftab Amin Poonawala. The sources further said that the test might be conducted today.
- On Thursday (November 17), the court ordered Rohini FSL to conduct a narco test on Aaftab within five days. The Delhi Police has also moved a lower court seeking permission to conduct a polygraph test on Aftab.
- Police had earlier said Poonawala, who confessed to killing his live-in partner and chopping her body into 35 pieces, was giving misleading answers to questions. Delhi Police had submitted in court that Aftab was giving wrong information and was misleading the investigation.
- Delhi Police solved the six-month-old blind murder case and arrested Aftab Amin Poonawalla on the basis of Shraddha's father's complaint. Aftab and Shraddha met on a dating site and later moved in together at a rented accommodation in Chhatarpur. Delhi police received a complaint from Shraddha's father and registered an FIR on November 10.
- Delhi Police interrogation revealed that Aftab Poonawala killed Shraddha on May 18 and later started planning for disposing of her body. He told police that he had read about human anatomy so that it could help him in chopping off the body.
- Police said that Aftab, after searching on Google, cleaned blood stains from the floor with some chemicals and disposed of stained clothes. He shifted the body in the bathroom and bought a refrigerator from a nearby shop. Later, he chopped the body into small pieces and put them in the fridge.
(With ANI Inputs)