Unlock 1.0: What will open and when; know about the three phases of lockdown upliftment
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Amid the alarming spike in number of coronavirus cases, the Centre has issued new guidelines for phased re-opening of "all activities outside containment zones for the next one month beginning June 1". The guidelines were issued a day before the coronavirus-mandated fourth phase of nation-wide lockdown ends.
Termed 'Unlock 1', the Centre issued fresh guidelines relaxing the nationwide lockdown, the fourth phase of which ends on May 31. In the new directives, the Union home ministry said re-opening of prohibited activities in areas outside containment zones will be done in a phased manner from June 1. It said the lockdown, the fourth phase of which ends on Sunday, will remain in force in containment zones till June 30.
"The guidelines will come into effect from June 1, 2020 and will be effective till June 30, 2020. The current phase of re-opening, Unlock 1, will have an economic focus," MHA said in a release.
First Phase of Unlock 1.0:
Following activities will be allowed with effect from 8 June, 2020
- Religious places/ places of worship for public
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services
- Shopping malls
For the above mentioned activities, which will start from June 8, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare will issue standard operating procedures (SOPs), in consultation with Central ministries concerned and other stakeholders, to ensure that social distancing to contain the further spread of coronavirus.
Second Phase Unlock 1.0:
- Schools, colleges, educational/ training/ coaching institutions will be opened after consultations with States and UTs
- State governments/ UT administrations to decide on re-opening of institutions in the month of July after consulting at the institution level with parents and other stakeholders
- Likewise for the phase 1, the minsitry of health will also prepare the standard operating protocols in this regard after consulting the Central Ministries concerned and other stakeholders, to ensure that social distancing to contain the further spread of coronavirus.
Third phase of Unlock 1.0:
Based on the asssesment of the situtaion, dates for the following activities will be decided later:
- International air travel of passengers, except as permitted by MHA
- Metro Rail
- Cinema halls, gyms, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars and auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations
- Inter-state and intra-state movement of people and goods will be permitted from June 1 without permission or e-pass.
- However, the states will be empowered to regulate movement after prior publicity of information and the procedures to be followed.
- Night curfew will continue from June 1 but the timings have been relaxed to 9pm to 5am from earlier 7pm to 7am.
- Movement of domestic flights, special trains and Shramik trains will continue as per SOPs issued.
The country is under the fourth phase of lockdown which will continue till May 31. The lockdown was first enforced in March to contain the spread of COVID-19. The nationwide lockdown that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi had first announced on March 24 was slated to end on May 17. Modi had on March 24 announced the nationwide lockdown for 21 days. On May 14, the government extended the lockdown till May 3.
On May 1, the MHA further extended the lockdown period to two weeks beyond May 4, with some relaxations. The Central government had also announced Rs 20 lakh crore stimulus package to combat COVID-19.
Posted By: Talib Khan