Offices closed, passengers movement restricted as Uttarakhand announces weekend lockdown in 4 districts | Guidelines
Dehradun | Jagran News Desk: The rising number of coronavirus cases in the country has forced the Uttarakhand government to impose weekend lockdowns in four districts of the state.
According to the order issued by the state government, weekend lockdown will be enforced in Dehradun, Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar, and Nainital districts of Uttarakhand to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.
The state government has said that only essential services including operations of industrial units in multiple shifts, agricultural and construction activities, liquor shops, and hotels will be allowed in the state on Saturdays and Sundays.
Here are the complete guidelines that were issued by the Uttarakhand government on Saturday:
* As per the state government, all inbound persons, regardless of mode of travel, will have to mandatorily register themselves on the Smart City web portal smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in. The registration documents will necessarily be verified at state borders.
* The state government has also said that all government, semi-government and private offices, markets, malls, private buses, three-wheeler services will remain closed.
* The Uttarakhand government further said that movement of passengers disembarking at bus stations, railway stations and airport has also been exempted. Also, agricultural and construction activities, industrial units can continue operations, it added.
* Only inbound asymptomtic persons, who have undergone a RT-PCR Test from an ICMR-authorised lab not earlier than 72 hours from the time of arrival, and have tested COVID-19 negative, will be allowed to enter the state without any restrictions, the state government said while adding that they won’t need to quarantine themselves.
* The state government also noted that those who have not undergone a test, not more than 1,500 people will be allowed to enter the state (excluding those coming by trains or flights), adding that the district magistrates (DMs) can issue around 50 special permits in exceptional circumstances.
* In the four districts where weekend lockdown has been announced, the following have been exempted: essential services (including chemists, milk booths, grocery shops, petrol pumps, liquor shops, hotels etc.), movements of those associated with these activities, movements of goods on national and state highways, the state government noted.
Complete lockdown on Saturdays & Sundays in Dehradun, Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar, and Nainital except for essential services including operations of industrial units in multiple shifts, agricultural & construction activities, liquor shops, and hotels: Uttarakhand Chief Secretary pic.twitter.com/MRCtuo3ex8— ANI (@ANI) July 18, 2020
The Uttarakhand government on Friday evening announced that it will impose complete weekend lockdown in state to break the chain of the novel coronavirus. With this, Uttarakhand became the second state after Uttar Pradesh to impose weekend lockdown.
"To curb the spread of COVID-19, it has been decided to impose lockdown on Saturdays and Sundays in the state. Guidelines for the same to be issued soon," Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
According to the information available at the Ministry of Health and Family, the novel coronavirus has affected more than 4,000 and claimed over 50 lives in Uttarakhand so far while over 3,000 people have been cured and discharged from hospitals.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma