'India's solemn resolve is to safeguard her honour, sovereignty': Top quotes of PM Modi as he addresses nation through Mann Ki Baat
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation through "Mann Ki Baat" and spoke on a number of issues from the Galwan Valley standoff between India and China to the coronavirus crisis in the country.
Paying respect to the martyers of the Galwan Valley clash, the Prime Minister said that the world has seen "India's commitment to protecting its border and sovereignty". He also spoke about the coronavirus crisis in the country and said that people need to be more cautious during unlock and should follow social distancing norms to keep themselves and others safe from the highly contagious coronavirus.
"This month's Mann Ki Baat will take place on the 28th. Though 2 weeks away, please keep the ideas and inputs coming! It'll enable me to go through maximum number of comments and phone calls. Am sure you'll have much to say, on fighting COVID-19 and topics in addition to that," PM Modi wrote on Twitter earlier.
Here are the key highlights from PM Modi's address:
* My dear countrymen, Namaskar! Mann Ki Baat has now attained the halfway mark in its journey for the year 2020
* Friends, we are familiar with our adage- ‘Creation is permanent…. creation is continuous.’ I am reminded of a few lines of a song
* India too, on the one hand, witnessed a series of colossal adversities; on the other, numerous forms of creations kept evolving, overcoming hurdles
* The inner sense of pride that families feel on the supreme sacrifice of their brave sons…their sentiment for the country, constitutes the true power, the might of the country
* Our pursuits and endeavours should be in the same direction…we should strive towards enhancing the country’s capabilities and capacities in safeguarding our borders. A self-reliant India would be a tribute to our martyrs in the truest, deepest sense
* India’s solemn resolve is to safeguard her honour and sovereignty. India’s aim is – a self-reliant India
* My dear countrymen, in these times of corona crisis, the country has moved out of the lockdown phase to the unlock phase. During this unlock period, one will have to focus deeply on two points- defeating corona and strengthening economy and bolstering it
* Friends, during this unlock phase, many other things are getting unlocked, which had hitherto, shackled the country for decades. For years our mining sector was in a state of lockdown. The decision to allow commercial auction has altered the scenario completely
* Just a few days ago, historic reforms in the space sector were brought in. Through these reforms, the sector which was in a state of lockdown for years was set free
* You would be seeing many inspiring stories of migrant labourers. In UP's Barabanki, labourers who returned from outside started working to restore natural form of Kalyani river. While staying in isolation, the way migrant labourers have changed things around them is commendable
* As compared to Lockdown, we need to be even more careful now during Unlock. If you don't wear masks, follow social distancing & other precautions, you put yourself as well as others at risk. I appeal to all countrymen to not be careless
* Martyr Kundan Kumar's father from Bihar said that he will send his grandsons also to armed forces to protect the country. This is the spirit of every martyr's family. The sacrifice of these families is worth worshipping
* Amidst this, we should be on guard from various ailments that surface with Monsoon. During the corona pandemic, we have to protect ourselves from these diseases also. Keep using Ayurvedic medicines, herbal decoction and hot water to stay healthy
* My dear countrymen, today on 28th of June, India is paying homage to one of her former Prime Ministers, who led the country through a critical phase. This day marks commencement of birth centenary year of our former Prime Minister Shri PV Narasimha Rao ji
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma