Mahatma Gandhi 73rd Death Anniversary: 15 quotes of Father of the Nation which will motivate you in your life
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Every year, January 30 is observed as Martyrs' Day or Shaheed Divas across the nation to observe the death anniversary of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, better known as Mahatma Gandhi or Bapu. In a gentle way, you can shake the world: This sentence by Mahatma Gandhi holds the same amount of power and meaning as it used to do years ago. From honesty to non-voilence, paths shown by Gandhi prove what importance the words ‘freedom’ and ‘peace’ have even in today’s world.
On the day of Shaheed Divas, we bring you some of Gandhi’s most popular quotes that will change your life.
- The future depends on what we do in the present
- An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
- Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
- Action expresses priorities.
- Hate the sin, love the sinner.
- A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
- Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.
- A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
- Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
- An ounce of practice is worth a thousand words.
- Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the servant nor the served.
- If we are to teach real peace in this world, and if we are to carry on a real war against war, we shall have to begin with the children.
- In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
Posted By: Sanyukta Baijal