Lockdown in UP till 5 am on July 13; here's what remains open and what will be closed across state
Lucknow | Jagran News Desk: The Yogi Adityanath-led Uttar Pradesh government on Thursday announced its decision to impose a 55-hour lockdown in the state in wake of the rising coronavirus cases.
While announcing its decision, the state government said that all offices and markets will remain closed during this period although medical and health services while adding that movements will only be permitted for providing medical and essential services in Uttar Pradesh.
“The curbs have been imposed in the state to check the spread of COVID-19 and other communicable diseases,” Chief Secretary R K Tiwari said in an order communicated to district officials all over the state.
As the Yogi Adityanath government has announced a 55-hour lockdown in Uttar Pradesh, here’s what will remain open and what will stay closed across the state from 10 pm on Friday till 5 am on Monday:
What will remain open across the state:
* According to the state government order, medical services and pharmacy stories will be allowed to operate in the state.
* Petrol pumps and “dhabas” will also be allowed to remain open, the state government said.
* As per the order, there will be no restrictions on flights or trains and the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation will be allowed to operate buses for train passengers.
* The state government has also allowed industrial units in rural areas to remain open. However, it has said that industrial units in urban areas will remain shut.
* The national and state highways will remain open, the state government said while adding that the construction of major infrastructure projects like expressways, bridges and roads as well as big private construction projects will not be affected by the 55-hour lockdown.
What will remain close during the 55-hour lockdown:
* According to the state government order, all offices and markets across the state will remain closed.
* All industrial units in urban areas, baring those which work continuously, would remain closed.
* Bus services, other than those ferrying passengers to railway stations, will not be allowed to operate in the state.
The state government said that the decision has been taken after reviewing the present situation of the COVID -19 pandemic and for putting an effective check on it. According to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Uttar Pradesh has reported over 32,000 coronavirus cases while more than 850 people have lost their lives. Meanwhile, the recovery rate in Uttar Pradesh stands at 62.28 per cent as over 21,000 people have been killed and discharged from hospitals.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma