Lockdown 3.0: Complete list of shops that will be allowed to open in Tamil Nadu from Monday
Chennai | Jagran News Desk: Day after announcing major relaxations in lockdown norms, the Tamil Nadu government on Sunday released the list of shops that will be allowed to reopen in the non-containment zones of the state from May 11.
While releasing the list of shops that will be allowed to reopen in the state, the Tamil Nadu government said that stores will have to ensure that ‘social distancing’ norms are being followed and premises must be disinfected periodically. It further said that everyone should wear mask and follow standard operation procedures (SOPs).
Here’s the complete list of shops that will be allowed to operate in Tamil Nadu from May 11:
- Tea shops
- Grocery stores
- Construction material selling shops
- Shops selling cement, sanitaryware, and hardware
- Electronic items selling and repairing stores
- Mobile phones selling and repairing stores
- Computers selling and repairing stores
- Shops selling household items and appliances
- Shops selling and repairing motors
- Eyeware stores
- Small jewelry stores without air conditioning
- Small clothing and apparel stores without air conditioning in rural areas
- Mixie and grinder repair shops
- Television selling and repair shops
- Furniture shops
- Roadside pushcarts
- Dry Cleaning shops
- Lorry booking service
- Xerox shops
- 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers sales centre
- 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers service centre
- Country medicine shops
- Shops selling agri products and pesticides
- Tile shops
- Paint shops
- Electric apparel shops
- Automobile spare parts shops
- Nursery gardens
- Wood and plywood selling shops
The Tamil Nadu government has also extended the working hours of standalone shops and neighborhood shops, allowing private establishments to resume functioning with reduced number of employees on the working premises.
As per the government announcement, essential shops will be allowed to function from 6 am to 7 pm, while stand-alone and neighbourhood shops can function from 10:30 am to 6 pm in the state capital. Private establishments will also be allowed to resume work with 33 per cent capacity between 10:30 am to 6 pm from Monday.
For the rest of the state also, the timings for essential and stand-alone or neighbourhood shops are the same. However, the private establishments there can work with 33 per cent of the workforce between 10 am and 6 pm.
All petrol pumps in the state have been allowed to reopen, but those in areas under Metropolitan Madras Police Territory can operate only from 6 am to 6 pm, while in the remaining districts of Tamil Nadu, pumps will operate from 6 am to 8 pm.
(With ANI inputs)
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma