New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Top commanders of the Indian and Chinese Armies will hold another round of talks on Tuesday to discuss about the next phase of troops' disengagement along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh, said the officials.   

"Corps Commander-level talks between India and China to be held on Tuesday at Chushul in Eastern Ladakh. The talks will focus mainly on the second phase of disengagement along the Line of Actual Control (LAC)," news agency ANI quoted Indian Army officials as saying.

This comes days after India and China agreed to withdraw from all four friction points, including Galwan Valley PP-14, PP-15, Hot Springs and Pangong Tso Finger areas, to ensure peace and tranquillity in the high-altitude region.

China has already withdraw its troops from Gogra, Hot Springs and Galwan Valley and reduced its troops in the ridgeline of Finger Four in the Pangong Tso area over the last week. India, meanwhile, also insists that China must withdraw its forces from the areas between Finger Four and Eight.

The Army officials, however, have said that the next phase of the de-escalation process will kick off only after the fourth round of talks between corps commanders of India and China. 

India-China standoff:

Tensions between India and China had escalated over the last two months in eastern Ladakh after around 250 Chinese and Indian soldiers were engaged in a violent standoff on May 5 and 6. Later, 20 Indian soldiers were killed in the face-off at the Galwan Valley. Following that, tensions between the two sides increased.

Later, India and China three rounds of Lt General-level talks to de-escalate the tensions in the region and agreed on an "expeditious, phased and step wise" de-escalation as a "priority" to end the standoff.

Last Monday, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval also held a video conference with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi to ease of the tensions. Following the call between the two leaders, the disengagement of troops had started. 

Posted By: Aalok Sensharma