New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: Day after conducting inconclusive talks over the violent face-off between the Indian and Chinese soldiers on Monday night, Major General-level talks between the two countries concluded today with both the sides agreeing to jointly safeguard peace and stability along the border and also to promote healthy & stable bilateral relations. 

The Indian Army also said that all the personnel who took part in the Galwan valley operations on June 15-16 are accounted for and no personnel are missing in action. 

Earlier yesterday the talks between Major Generals of India and China in the Galwan valley in Ladakh remained inconclusive. "Talks between Major Generals of India and China in the Galwan valley are over. The talks have remained inconclusive as no immediate disengagement or change in the ground has taken place. More talks to take place in the coming days," sources told ANI.

The dialogue took place to ensure that Chinese People's Liberation Army pulls back all its troops from the Galwan Valley and removed all the military-grade tents which house them. Both the forces have redeployed troops at the site of the clash. Sources said that India Army officials have made clear to Chinese counterparts that they have to move back.

"The dialogue to continue on Thursday also. India represented by a Major General slated to meet the counterpart tomorrow (Thursday) again," said a senior Indian Army official

Meanwhile, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on Wednesday conveyed a clear and unequivocal tough message to his Chinese counterpart Foreign Minister Wang Yi that what happened in Galwan was a "pre-mediated and planned action that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties."

India wants restoration of old status quo along the Line of Actual Control (LAC) prevailing before May 2020 when the first reports of Chinese incursions started appearing. 

At least 20 Indian Army personnel, including a Colonel rank officer, had lost their lives in the violent face-off in the Galwan valley area of Ladakh on June 15. These were the first casualties faced by the Indian Army in a clash with the Chinese People's Liberation Army since 1975 when an Indian patrol was ambushed by Chinese troops in Arunachal Pradesh. 


(With Agencies Inputs)

Posted By: Talib Khan