Govt issues SOP for trains travel, only asymptomatic confirmed ticket holders to be allowed | 7 things you need to know
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: The passenger train services will start functioning from today as Indian Railways on Sunday announced the resumption of 15 passengers trains across the country after 51 days of complete shut down due to the nation-wide coronavirus lockdown imposed to contain the virus.
The online booking for these 15 selected trains also started on Monday. Meanwhile, the IRCTC website crashed on the scheduled booking time (4 PM), however, the booking was later resumed at 6 PM.
Owing to the resumption, the Home Ministry also issued some Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for the trains. In its order, the Home Ministry said that only asymptomatic passengers with confirmed tickets will be allowed to travel.
“Only those passengers with confirmed e-tickets shall be allowed to enter the station. The movement of the passenger(s) as well as the driver of the vehicle transporting the passenger(s) to and fro the railway station shall be allowed on the basis of the confirmed e-ticket,” the central government said.
Here are seven things you need to know about the SOP issued by the government:
- As per the guidelines, the passengers will have to wear face masks and observe social distancing norms at the railway stations.
- All the passengers will be screened only those who are asymptomatic will be allowed to enter or board a train.
- The Indian Railways will provide hand sanitiser at stations and in coaches.
- After arriving at their destination, the passengers will have to adhere to such health protocols as are prescribed by the destination state or union territory (UT).
View this post on Instagram
Ministry of Home Affairs issues Standard Operating Procedures for movement of persons by train; 9 things you need to know . . . . . #ministryofhomeaffairs #ministryofhomeaffairsindia #mha #homeministry #homeministerofindia #homeministryofindia #coronaviruspandemic #coronavirus #indianrailways #irctc #indianrailways#indianrailwaystation #indianrailwaysfan4ever #indianrailwaysimulator #covid19 #mhaorders #standardoperatingprocedure #standardoperatingprocedures #india #mhaguidelines #guidelines #news #instawithjagranenglish #jagranenglish
- The Home Ministry also said that health advisories and guidelines will be circulated by the Railways through information education and communication (EIC) campaign for their staff and passengers.
- The movement of the passengers as well as the drivers of the vehicles transporting the passengers to and from the railway station shall be allowed on the basis of the confirmed e-tickets, the Home Ministry said.
- The Home Ministry also said that train scheduled, protocols for booking, entry and movement of passengers, and coach services specification shall be widely publicised by the Railways.
The Ministry of Railways had on Sunday announced to run 15 pairs of passenger trains with AC coaches and limited stops from today.
These trains, meant for 15 destinations across the country, will run from New Delhi railway station. The online booking of tickets started at 6 pm yesterday. Ticket booking counters at the railway stations shall remain closed.
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma