Delhi Metro services to resume from today: Here's what you should know before planning a metro travel
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: After a hiatus of over five months due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Delho metro train services will resume in a graded manner from Monday. Passengers will have to follow preventive measures against COVID-19 such as maintaining social distancing and wearing face masks.
The DMRC has appealed to people to use the rapid transport only if urgently needed. It reiterated that stations located in containment zones, as per the status on the day of journey, will remain closed.
Delhi Metro is set to resume services in three stages from September 7-12. However, stations in containment zones would remain closed, according to the guidelines issued by the DMRC on Wednesday.
Here’s everything you need to know about the new rules when Delhi Metro resumes its services from Monday:
- Out of the total 671 entrance gates, around 260 will be kept open during the phased resumption of metro services.
- Only 50-60 passengers to be allowed in each coach. A six-coach train to carry around 300-350 passengers.
- Three maximum passengers to be allowed inside lifts, escalators to have one alternate seat vacant.
- Trains to stop for 10-20 seconds at platforms, 35-40 seconds at interchange stations to ensure social distancing and avoiding rush during boarding and de-boarding.
- One-metre distance to be maintained between passengers while queuing at platforms.
- Wearing of face mask mandatory for all passengers and staff. Rs 500 fine for removing face masks inside stations or trains.
- Only asymptomatic patients to be allowed to travel after thermal screening at station entry.
- Stations in containment zones to remain closed.
- Separate entry and exit points. Markings for social distancing at stations and inside trains.
Delhi Metro Graded Resumption Plan
Stage 1 (Timings: 7 am-11 am and 4 pm-8 pm)
Phase I from September 7: Yellow Line (Samaypur Badli to Huda City Centre)
Phase II from September 9: Blue Line, Pink Line and Gurugram Line
Phase III from September 10: Red Line, Green Line, Bahadurgarh Line and Faridabad Line
Stage 2 (Timings: 7 am-1 pm and 4 pm-10 pm)
Magenta Line and Grey Line from September 11
Stage 3 (Normal Operations: 6 am-11 pm)
Airport Express Line from September 12
Posted By: Abhinav Gupta