Fire breaks out at jewellery shop in Delhi's Rajendra Place, fire-fighting operations underway
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: A fire broke out at a jewellery shop near Rajendra place in the national capital on Thursday. At least 12 fire tenders are present at the spot to douse off the fire.
As per initial reports, no one is injured or died in the incident. There is also no damage to property.
Delhi: Fire breaks out at a jewellery showroom near Rajendra Place. 12 fire tenders are present at the spot. More details awaited.— ANI (@ANI) May 21, 2020
As per media reports, senior officials rushed to the spot to take a stock of the situation. The exact reason behind the fire is yet to be ascertained. An investigation is underway.
Last week, a major fire had broke out in an industrial area outside Delhi in Bawana area.
Major incidents of fire in Delhi
- In December 2019, over 45 laborers were killed in a massive fire in a four-storey factory on Rani Jhansi Road.
- On June 13, 1997, Delhi's Upaz cinema was set on fire. 59 people lost their lives.
- On November 20, 2011, 14 people were killed in a fire in the Nandangari area during an event.
- In January 2018, an illegal fireworks factory in Bawana was set on fire, killing 17 people.
- On 11-12 February 2019, 17 people died in a fire that broke out at Hotel Arpit in Karol Bagh.
Earlier today, a fire broke out at an electronic market in Prayagraj's Johnston Ganj in Uttar Pradesh. In another incident, three members of a family, all women, were killed after their house caught fire in Paras village under Baberu Kotwali police station area here, police said on Thursday.
Posted By: James Kuanal