New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: A major fire broke out at a building in Chandigarh's Sector 17 on Monday. At least seven fire tenders are present at the spot to douse off the fire. As per reports, the fire occurred in the building of the IELTS coaching institute which was closed due to the ongoing coronavirus lockdown.

There was no casualty in the incident, the initial report suggested.

Earlier on Sunday, a fire broke out at a residential building in Maharashtra's Palghar district after a candle lit by a family came in contact with a plastic net in their balcony during the #9pm9minutes, a fire official said.

No casualty was reported in the mishap that took place after the family living in an apartment here lit the candle in response to Prime Minister Narendra Modi's appeal to defeat COVID-19 by switching off lights in their premises for nine minutes at 9 pm on Sunday amid the national lockdown.

more details awaited. 

Posted By: James Kuanal