Coronavirus Outbreak | Complete list of what remains open and what not during 21-day pan-India lockdown
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: In order to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus in the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday announced that the government has decided to impose a lockdown for the 21 days in India.
Addressing the nation for the second time in a week, the Prime Minister said that the only way to stop the deadly coronavirus from spreading is ‘social distancing’.
“If the situation is not handled in these 21 days, the country and your family could go back by 21 years. If situation is not handled in these 21 days, several families will get devastated forever,” PM Modi said in his address today.
PM Modi, however, urged people not to panic and ensured that essential services like medical services, groceries, etc. will continue available during the 21-day lockdown in the country.
“My fellow citizens, there is absolutely no need to panic. Essential commodities, medicines etc. would be available. Centre and various state governments will work in close coordination to ensure this,” PM Modi said.
As the PM Modi announced a 21-day nationwide lockdown, here’s a list of the essential services that will be available to the public:
- Shops, including ration shops (under PDS), dealing with food, groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, meat and fish, animal fodder
- Banks, ATMs and insurance offices
- Print and electronic media
- Telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services. IT and IT enabled services only (for essential services)
- Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment through E-commerce
- Petrol pumps, LPG, petroleum and gas retails and storage outlets
- Power generation, transmission and distribution units and services
- Capital and debt market services as notified by SEBI
- Cold storage and warehousing services
- Private security services
- Hospital and all related medical establishments
List of all services that will remain close during the lockdown:
- Offices of government of India, its Autonomous/ Subordinate offices and Public Corporations
- Offices of the states/ Union Territory governments, its Autonomous/ Subordinate offices and Public Corporations
- Commercial and private establishments
- Industrial establishments, except manufacturing units of essential commodities
- All transport services including air, railways and roadways will remain suspended
- Hospitality services
- All education, training and research institutional
- All social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions/ gathering shall be barred
Posted By: Aalok Sensharma
- coronavirus latest updates
- coronavirus updates
- coronavirus news
- coronavirus disease
- coronavirus precautions
- coronavirus vaccine
- covid 19
- coronavirus advisory
- coronavirus essential services
- lockdown essential services
- essential services list lockdown
- whats closed during lockdown
- 21 day lockdown