Arvind Kejriwal's swearing-in ceremony tomorrow; traffic curbs in place, advisory issued | Check details
New Delhi | Jagran News Desk: The Delhi Police has issued a traffic advisory for Sunday (February 16) when Arvind Kejriwal will be sworn in as the chief minister of Delhi. The oath/ swearing-in ceremony is scheduled to begin at Ramlila Maidan on Sunday and traffic regulation will be in place in the area from 8 am to 2 pm.
In a statement, the Delhi police said," In view of the swearing-in ceremony of Delhi Govt. scheduled at Ram Leela on 16.02.2020 at 12:15 pm, the following traffic regulation will be put in place in the area of Ram Leela Ground from 8 am to 2 pm."
As per the advisory, cars shall be inside and behind of Civic Centre. Buses are to be parked on Power House Road, Mata Sundri Road, Rajghat parking, Velodrome Road, Shanti Van parking and service roads in Rajghat and Samta Sthal as per requirements.
OB vans shall be parked on the footpath along JLN Marg opposite Ramlila Maidan beyond gate number 2 up to the roundabout near Kamla Market, the advisory stated.
Here are some things to keep in mind before heading out of home or to attend the ceremony:
No commercial vehicles will be allowed from:
1. Rajghat chowk and Delhi Gate chowk towards Guru Nanak Dev chowk via JLN Marg.
2. Chatta Rail towards Delhi Gate chowk via Netaji Subhash Marg
3. Vehicles from Paharganj chowk towards Ajmeri Gate via Desh Bandu Gupta Road
4. Similarly, commercial vehicles from Ram Charan Aggarwal Chowk will not be allowed towards Delhi Gate chowk via Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
5. DDU Minto Road towards Kamla Market chowk via Vivekanand Marg and Barakhamba Tolstoy towards Ranjit Singh flyover, the advisory added.
The restrictions/diversion of vehicles as per the above-mentioned diversion plan will be implemented as and when depending on the ground situation.
(with PTI inputs)
Posted By: James Kuanal